• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Oeldon

Hi everyone!
I have this beauty from less a year and i wonder if someone could send me a picture of the wiring cavity in the back of the guitar?The original wiring system.
Just to compare with mine.
My guitare tech doesn’t find any wiring diagram and he d like to know if the silent system is only a silent system or also a boost system?
Is it really also an active system or not?
Cause the volume button is in a push/pull mode but it’s control nothing.No différence between both position.
I hope my questions are clear my english is not that good.
Thank you for your attention
Olivier

E4B898AE-9D8F-403A-BE8A-6CEFFF313231.jpeg

racerx

My Axis 90 has the piezo system so a photo might junk things up a bit. You could always try customer service and they should be able to help you out: Contact

Otherwise one of the other guys will chime in!

GWDavis28

Hi welcome, love Axis Sports. They did not come with a push/pull, so it looks like it was added by a previous owner. There is chance since it's not working that it's not connected. RacerX's advice to email customer service is the right one, they can get you what you need.

Best of luck, Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I tell you I love the tones from the MM90's myself.

Stick around and let us know how it turns out.

Glenn |B)

Oeldon

I love it too definitly!
Iand the axis is a perfect polyvalent guitar i have ever played.
So easy to go fast but also to be sweet and warm
I will let u know guys
Thanx again!

Oeldon

Here the pic of my wiring setting.
Just in case of someone could explain, by example what the role of this yellow cable wich it’s seems doing nothing when it’s plug or not...
I already asked to customer service of Mm but they have not a sharp answer.

2C13995D-5EF4-4BB4-8EF4-600085F49593.jpeg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The silent circuit is active (requires battery power) but the pickups are effectively in a passive circuit. There is no boost. Why the previous owner added the push/pull I do not know.

The silent circuit is wired as follows...

Red: to 9V
Black: to Ground
Blue and Purple connect to the ground wires of the pickups (the pickups are grounded through the silent circuit). One color is for normal phase, the other is for RWRP. I assume the current wiring connections are correct (but it'll add noise if it's the wrong way around)!
Yellow: defeats the silent circuit when connected to ground. Silent circuit active when yellow is not connected. In the case of this guitar, you'll way to defeat the silent circuit in position 2 of the switch (the pickups are RWRP and will already hum cancel), so connect yellow to the common terminal of one pole of the switch, connect position 2 of that pole to ground.

That's enough info for your tech to do the job right.

If you can't get a response from EBMM by the end of the week let me know and I'll draw you a diagram that works.

Oeldon

The silent circuit is active (requires battery power) but the pickups are effectively in a passive circuit. There is no boost. Why the previous owner added the push/pull I do not know.

The silent circuit is wired as follows...

Red: to 9V
Black: to Ground
Blue and Purple connect to the ground wires of the pickups (the pickups are grounded through the silent circuit). One color is for normal phase, the other is for RWRP. I assume the current wiring connections are correct (but it'll add noise if it's the wrong way around)!
Yellow: defeats the silent circuit when connected to ground. Silent circuit active when yellow is not connected. In the case of this guitar, you'll way to defeat the silent circuit in position 2 of the switch (the pickups are RWRP and will already hum cancel), so connect yellow to the common terminal of one pole of the switch, connect position 2 of that pole to ground.

That's enough info for your tech to do the job right.

If you can't get a response from EBMM by the end of the week let me know and I'll draw you a diagram that works.
Drkev, thank you so much for your answer!
I did send to my tech and we ´ll see.
I will let u k if i need the draw but as u said i think he wld have necessary to work correctly.
Thanx a lot again
🤘🏻

alf cockle

I think that the previous owner was on the road to making the perfect guitar..ie..replacing the bridge pickup with a humbucker,and having it coil tapped,hence the push/pull on the tone knob...and then gave up...maybe?

Oeldon

Thanx a lot for your reply!
Yep Maybe he did...
But anyway we finally received from ernieball the wiring diagram!
And decided to replace this push pull by a normal knob and following this wiring protocols.
Here it is for your archives
Thank you for your help everyone!
🙏🏻

AF0723C3-30F1-4E1B-BC9C-E2A6F4777638.jpeg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Thanks for diagram! I've added it to my collection.

Looks like they have a 3-way 4-pole superswitch, but a standard 3-way switch would work if you leave the yellow wire from the silent circuit unattached. It's not strictly necessary to have it defeated in position 2 here because, in the same way that the hum from each pickup cancels out (because one is RWRP), the hum from each polarity of the silent circuit cancels each other out too. What EBMM have done here is soldered the yellow wire to a terminal on the switch but connected it to nothing, which prevents it flapping around and touching anything it shouldn't.

Top Bottom