• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

skisquash

Hey all,

Oddly, in the last 24 hours my ASS has developed considerable fret buzz mainly in the low frets and low strings. Never noticed a sudden change before in any my guitars before. Has anyone else had this? There may have a humidity change but it seems like a lot in a short period of time. I may let it sit to settle before I go in and counter clockwise the truss rod. Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Mick

Just do it, you can always turn back the rod. But it´s that easy as you described.
Humidity is a bitch;)

Jack FFR1846

When spring turned to summer, almost all my guitars were borked. I learned pretty quickly how to adjust necks on 6 guitars. I just changed the strings on my ASS. Went from 9's to 10's and needed to make quite a bit of a change in the neck....as expected.

jack

hbucker

If it's a Floyd model it could be the locking nut. I've run into this problem with my EVH only it's with the high E and B strings.

tonemeister

I agree with the others.....do the truss adjustment. Do an eighth of a turn counter clockwise, RETUNE (important), check for buzz again repeat if necessary. You certainly can`t do any harm unless you go the wrong way and over-tighten it. That should fix you up!

Oh yeah.....Thank you EBMM for making your guitars with access to the truss rod without taking the guitar apart! What was Leo thinking?

Last edited:

skisquash

Thanks all. It's a Floyd-less ASS. I wasn't patient enough to let it sit. Changed it an 8th and let it settle. Tuning stayed dead on. I love EB. I'm back now and will change an 8th more. Still a unhealthy amount of buzz.

skisquash

Very true...I've gotten pretty close to the pre-change set-up. Action is still too high but we'll get there for tonight's show. Thanks all.

Top Bottom