• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jamie M

Love the colour, I do however miss the matching headstock option

Sweat

Love the colour, I do however miss the matching headstock option
Well I have always been rosewood/ebony etc needs match, maple fretboards do not, if it is rosewood/ebony etc and the neck is roasted it depends how dark/rich the roast is

click track

I received this last week, however beyond busy to write up a review for Sweetwater or anything else for that matter, but I will give a bullet point run down here.

After inspecting the guitar, I find it perfect no issues at all.

Absolutely incredible feel with the larger stainless-steel frets, they are the same ones on my Albert Lee. The size of the frets for the Axis has an incredible impact on the guitar as a whole, note articulation is far superior to my other Super Sports, they are far more forgiving, and it feels that much faster!

Completely different than my other Super Sports’ as it has a matte finish on the front and the back again giving it a slippery feel, again the word fast is used. This one is light at 7.2 Lbs.

The look and feel are extremely inspiring and string bends are effortless, and ergonomically perfect for someone 5’7”.

Sounds perfect to me, and yes different from the Albet Lee and the other Super Sports as well, I knew when I first played it that it was a keeper !!

My wife encouraged me to get this one, I play it live next week, through a QC into a very good sound system, it should absolutely outperform anything I have ever played. More to follow

IMG_0424 EBMM ASS smoke 6 2024.jpeg

Top Bottom