• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke Duke

Well, I am back on the EBMM bandwagon. After selling my old 25th anniversary and Dark Lord to pick up some vintage pieces, that I don’t even have anymore, I’ve come back full circle.

I'm always surfing Reverb looking for a 25th when but haven't found exactly what I was looking for. But imagine my surprise when I’m at Waffle House, about midnight, before heading to work in order to get a few things done with no one around…and I find that EBMM now has a Reverb Vault Store, with a Gold/Green 25th Anniversary. (Yes, Dargie Delight 2)

My head almost exploded, Ebony Board, Abalone/MOP inlays with a COOL finish! So I dropped a message asking about the provenance, because when this one is gone I’ll be in the dirt, and found out it was 1/1. Then a few more questions, I know I wore SOMEBODY out before finally pulling the trigger. Come to find out it was not only 1/1 Dargie, but also was a 25th Anniversary made in 2010, so probably the last before the name changed.

It came in yesterday, I had to do a little tweaking due to the severe difference in humidity between AR and San Luis Obispo but what a KILLER piece. Beautiful, great playability, and monstrous tone!
I also got thought it VERY cool that Scott himself signed the COA.

Hopefully these pics show how awesome the finish is. Even my two daughters love it.

I would like an opinion...thoughts on converting everything over to creme? I'm getting some creme rings and trem/switch tips either way, just to have them.

Luke

Attachments

• 20%.jpg
    20%.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20% neck.jpg
    20% neck.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20% Bout.jpg
    20% Bout.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20% Top.jpg
    20% Top.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_5198.jpg
    IMG_5198.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

xjbebop

Opinion? Once in a lifetime score! Both DD1 and DD2 are coveted collector instruments.
As far as modding, two ways to look at it:
1- being it's a true unicorn, don't change anything...
2- being it's your guitar, do what you want with it...
Personally, I figure rings and such that are easily returned back to stock are a pretty safe mod.

*I was fortunate enough to adopt a DD1 AL (the only one built in this particular config) some years back. The stock p/g is signed by Albert, so I swapped in an aftermarket p/g to save the signature...

gvnXPfC.jpg

Luke Duke

Opinion? Once in a lifetime score! Both DD1 and DD2 are coveted collector instruments.
As far as modding, two ways to look at it:
1- being it's a true unicorn, don't change anything...
2- being it's your guitar, do what you want with it...
Personally, I figure rings and such that are easily returned back to stock are a pretty safe mod.

*I was fortunate enough to adopt a DD1 AL (the only one built in this particular config) some years back. The stock p/g is signed by Albert, so I swapped in an aftermarket p/g to save the signature...

gvnXPfC.jpg

Holy crap!

That looks AMAZING!!!

What kind of soap SR’s are they, MM?

Luke

threeminutesboy

Very nice score! Congrats

I leave it black all Reflex I have seen with cream (limited GC run) we’re not really n’y cup of tea

Top Bottom