• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kenvn1

I have been playing Ernie Ball Slinkys in the pink pack (9s) for 45 years without a problem until 6 months ago.
I got a three pack from Amazon and every sealed pack had corroded strings that were unplayable and o trashed them.
Today I ran into the same problem with a set my music minister got for me.
Is this something anybody else has run into?
I hate to have to switch brands but I may have to

beej

I would say that's not normal. Drop the EB guys a line (number in my signature)- let them know so they can track the problem and help you out.

Aspguitars

Hi! from UK. I've just had a similar problem. I'm a retired Guitar Tech and have played in a few Bands. I just changed the Strings on one of my Guitars and noticed that the 1st,2nd & 3rd Strings were corroded. I tried to clean them up, but they were too bad. Luckily I have a few singles that I replaced them with. These were in a pack of Three and double wrapped! In all the years I've use Slinky's (9's) I've never had this problem. I bought them online, and unfortunately can't seem to find where I bought them from. I was wondering if I bought some Chinese Copies!

beej

It's hard to know- there are a lot of counterfeits out there. Best bet is to contact Ernie Ball directly and ask them- let them help you out. See the link in my signature for contact info.

tbonesullivan

It's hard to know- there are a lot of counterfeits out there. Best bet is to contact Ernie Ball directly and ask them- let them help you out. See the link in my signature for contact info.
This is VERY true, and Amazon is horrible about discovering counterfeits and doing something about them. There have been lots of issues with other types of items showing up on amazon, often sold by legitimate sellers that were duped themselves.

kenvn1

Hi! from UK. I've just had a similar problem. I'm a retired Guitar Tech and have played in a few Bands. I just changed the Strings on one of my Guitars and noticed that the 1st,2nd & 3rd Strings were corroded. I tried to clean them up, but they were too bad. Luckily I have a few singles that I replaced them with. These were in a pack of Three and double wrapped! In all the years I've use Slinky's (9's) I've never had this problem. I bought them online, and unfortunately can't seem to find where I bought them from. I was wondering if I bought some Chinese Copies!
That is exactly what happened to me.
My three packs were double sealed too.
I won't be buying any more on Amazon.

Top Bottom