• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wallygator

Hello everybody,

It is my first post here. I am playing bass and using SR5 and SR5 fretless, recently purchased Bongo6 as I was playing 6 string basses for years. On both Stingrays I am using Cobalts (flatwound on fretless) since last year and those strings are absolutely amazing. Previously I have used Regular Slinky's.

On my other basses I am using 6 strings Slinky's for approx. 10 years.

My plan is to put also Cobalts onto Bongo, as it is offered with Slinky's but they are offered only as 4 and 5 string set. I am searching .032 single string, but it seems it is hard to get them in Europe.

Does anybody know, if there is a plan to add Cobalt 6 string set to EB offer?

What do you think about it? I know that there is not so much 6 stringers, but it would be not first 6 string set from EB.

flyingdog

I tried Cobalt on my Bongo 5 and loved it. Now they are even selling the John Myung Bongo, so why not the Cobalt 6-string set? I sent an email to EB customer service. If I hear from them, I would love to share it here.

I've always been an Elixir guy, but the Slinky Cobalt is making me change my mind. At least with my Bongo basses, I want to use Cobalts on them.

Romain

I tried Cobalt on my Bongo 5 and loved it. Now they are even selling the John Myung Bongo, so why not the Cobalt 6-string set? I sent an email to EB customer service. If I hear from them, I would love to share it here.

I've always been an Elixir guy, but the Slinky Cobalt is making me change my mind. At least with my Bongo basses, I want to use Cobalts on them.

Great Idea! Buying a single string to complet a 5 strings set is kinda awkward ._.
(sorry for my english as i'm french)

flyingdog

Might be a little too late...but here's an update. I received an answer from EBMM a long time ago. 😅 They just told me to buy a 5-string package and a single string to complete a 6-string set. That's it.

In the US, fretnation.com seems to be the best place to buy them. Elsewhere, I have no idea.

Top Bottom