• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tom_683

i am looking at purchasing a bass from basscentral.com. has anyone had any experience with them. i just want to know if they have a good reputation as i live in the uk and im worried about getting the bass shipped over ok. has anyone had any major problems with them.
thnaks
tom

bass4Jesus

Tom,
No problems with Bass Central on this end - however, I do live in Indianapolis, Indiana USA! You might want to try Bass Northwest as well. That's where I bought my SR5 and they were great!

b4J

xcental34x

Do business with them. They are great guys to deal with. They are willing to work with you to every last point, and they can get you a killer deal. Beaver Felton is being very generous with the head I am trying to get now.

~Patrick

SWR_n_EB

I have to say, they get the bass to you, perfect condition, quickly, and for a good price. I say, if u see one u like, go for it!

Lenmonster

I bought my SR5 from Bass Central, and they were phenomenal. A fair price, great packing, and excellent communication. I pretty much custom ordered mine (changing some things that were set to be on a particular production run), and really got an amazing bass. Mine is Blue Dawn, with the white pearl pickguard, rosewood board, and matching headstock. It plays SOOOO well. I simply lowered the saddles a bit, tweaked the truss rod a small amount, and the neck has been really, really stable. It has been the perfect bass for my band...we do lots of live shows, and I use no amp...direct into a Sans Amp Bass Driver DI. It sounds incredible! I've had people play this bass, including an Ernie Ball endorser, who said it was the best StingRay they've played. I know that Bass Central is a very huge Ernie Ball dealer, so it's likely that they (and you in turn) get treated right.

SerialCarpens

I bought one from them

They were so awesome, great prices. One problem, I couldnt play it till it was sent to my home. So I have a stingray that doesnt play so well, so Im gonna try to go down to Ernie ball and see if they will set it up for me, since I'll be going to school down there.

Lenmonster

Most of the SRs I've played have a very consistent setup. Consistently high action! You might want to experiment a bit, since if you mess it up, you can just get them to do it. First, bring down each bridge saddle. Keep track of how many turns on the bridge screws so you can return it to normal. Try doing about 1/2 turn of each screw to lower the saddles a bit. This makes a huge difference. From there, continue 1/2 turn at a time for each saddle, and then play the bass. Often, that's all you have to do to get the bass playing great.

If you do adjust the truss rod, a little goes a long way. Two or three notches on the spoke wheel will generally always be enough. Normally, you might do this first, then adjust the bridge, but Ernie Ball's stock setup has the saddles pretty hight, IMO.

awa

I have purchased equipment from Bass Central on several occasions. Beaver Felton is on of the best individuals I have ever done business with.

hands 5

Bass central is proably the only place I will ever deal with.However Bass NW is very good to deal with also.

Top Bottom