• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Morseman19

anyone else having problems with certian batteries in their MM Guitars?

I have a 2015 Bfr L3. when the battery starts to go, it makes the preamp shoot up in volume, when engaged.
Mine has always been just a few db more when clicked on, more of a feeling thing than volume boost.
but once the battery starts to die, it will push the volume above clipping level. but once its changed, its back to normal. Im going through a battery once a month, about 4-5 hours of sessions daily.

trying to figure out if this is a preamp problem to get fixed, or if anyone else has experienced this.

Daniel

anyone else having problems with certian batteries in their MM Guitars?

I have a 2015 Bfr L3. when the battery starts to go, it makes the preamp shoot up in volume, when engaged.
Mine has always been just a few db more when clicked on, more of a feeling thing than volume boost.
but once the battery starts to die, it will push the volume above clipping level. but once its changed, its back to normal. Im going through a battery once a month, about 4-5 hours of sessions daily.

trying to figure out if this is a preamp problem to get fixed, or if anyone else has experienced this.

It sounds like your playing your guitar quite a bit! Are you unplugging your guitar when you're done playing? We recommend not leaving it plugged in as the jack acts as an on/off switch. We also recommend using a name brand battery. Some lesser known batteries can have a varying range of starting voltages. Most 9 volt batteries are considered dead by about 7 volts. So if you're starting with only 8.x volts, you have greatly decreased the working life of the battery. Once your volts start dropping the battery can't keep up with powering all the circuitry and will cause clipping.

Morseman19

thank you for the reply!
Always unplugged in the case when not in use, rarely use a stand.
Didn't know if there was a recommended brand.

Daniel

thank you for the reply!
Always unplugged in the case when not in use, rarely use a stand.
Didn't know if there was a recommended brand.

We use Duracell batteries in the factory.
Try checking the connections on the back of your input jack to make sure they aren't touching.

Top Bottom