• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

monsterdonald

Hi, I am planning to buy a Bongo 6
but I am quite worried about taking it on flight with hardcase?
Can anyone provide me the dimension of the hardcase?

I am a foreigner, and I don't know much about the policy
I will be taking Jetblue for domestic flight
do people always check the exact size of the luggage(especially musical instrument)?
I am afraid of getting penalized, cuz it is too expensive

thz!

Aussie Mark

My understanding is that airline baggage limits are based on weight, not size. Depending on the airline and the class of ticket, you will have a baggage limit that is either number of items or total weight. At various times I've travelled with golf clubs, bass guitars, surfboards, baby strollers and baby carseats and have never had to pay excess baggage on any of those items. If you are travelling with just a Bongo 6 in a hard case and a suitcase, you're sweet.

monsterdonald

Have you checked JetBlue's website, or tried to contact them to ask about their policy?

erm, i have checked their website
it is more or less the same as other flight company having the size limit of total 62 inches
if the rule is strict, and the case is checked, probably I have to pay $75 penalty for this $175 flight
I can just pray..........and also ask you guys about the possibility of being checked.:(

SR5Cam

I responded on Talkbass.com .

Depending on policy-you might have to pay extra for the 2nd checked bag-i forget if JetBlue is on that bandwagon just yet or not. I heard it was around $25.

monsterdonald

I responded on Talkbass.com .

Depending on policy-you might have to pay extra for the 2nd checked bag-i forget if JetBlue is on that bandwagon just yet or not. I heard it was around $25.

ya..i know.. i ordered the flight ticket before MAY, so it can be waived. I can take 2 luggages for free. Do you mean the case will not be penalized for extra-large size?
thz!

Aussie Mark

With oil prices where they are this week, $75 penalty as excess baggage is a pittance. If that scares you, try driving that Bongo cross country in a 427.

Top Bottom