• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ppk1994

Hello, is there anyone who has experienced with broken preamp system ? My bongo 5 string (2003 model, HS version) is not working anymore. All I can hear is noises and fuzz. Local guitar technician said the Active EQ( or should I say preamp?) system is completely broken because of rusty resistors and some circuit parts. I can't use other third party preamp system because of Bongo building system. The knobs are recessed into the body. I live in a country where there is no Musicman dealer.

nhbassguitar

And if that doesn't lead anywhere, you could always have your tech lift out the preamp and controls as a single unit (by that I mean leave everything connected except for the pickups), and then convert the instrument to passive. The body has 4 holes you can use for pots and switches. That way, at least the instrument could be put back into service. You might even prefer how it sounds without the preamp.

Make sure the tech takes lots of photos and notes of how things are wired now, so it can be put back the same way in the future, if necessary, if a replacement preamp+control kit can be obtained.

ppk1994

And if that doesn't lead anywhere, you could always have your tech lift out the preamp and controls as a single unit (by that I mean leave everything connected except for the pickups), and then convert the instrument to passive. The body has 4 holes you can use for pots and switches. That way, at least the instrument could be put back into service. You might even prefer how it sounds without the preamp.

Make sure the tech takes lots of photos and notes of how things are wired now, so it can be put back the same way in the future, if necessary, if a replacement preamp+control kit can be obtained.

Thanks, I will ask the tech whether it’s possible.

brash47

Call EBMM customer service. You'll always get a faster response that way. They'll hook you up to the right guy very quickly

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom