• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tajue17

what do you guys think of this little amp? even though i cannot find a price i'm guessing around 150.00 but if its decent and worth it then I want it but curious what the opinions are.. thanks for any info..

Aussie Mark

I've got one, as do several others here, and love it. The Walter is totally transparent, so as a technique practice tool it is unbeatable, as "what you play is what you hear", warts and all. Throw it in your case with an mp3 player and you have a great hotel room practice rig.

SquidLizard

Ditto that. It's really clean and clear. You can hear yourself great. Simple to use. It also makes it easy to mix in a portable player when you want.

Edit: It's also easy on batteries.

midopa

+1 It's a great practice amp

Last edited:

Tajue17

awesome,,, I actually want it to use with my stereo at home for learning tunes from my Ipod... I'm going to give them a call and see if I can get one!

kirkm24

if money is tight, you can get an Earwig practice amp (EARWIG AMP) it has all the same features of a Cafe Walter and is about the size of a small stomp box pedal. They run about $65 shipped where the Cafe Walter is about $180 shipped. I have owned both and I think the Earwig is just fine especially for the money.

Moose308

A little off topic from the thread, but a slightly less expensive, and perhaps more versatile alternative would be use a mixer.

You can get cheap little mixers from Behringer, Peavy, Mackie (etc.) for very inexpensive prices. They sound just fine, have headphone outputs, and are a great deal more flexible in what they can do. You might actually end up using one as an emergency PA system or recording device too. The only downside I can see is that they will be a little bit more bulky, and don't use batteries.

Top Bottom