• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Boy_Narf

Hello Everyone!

I've been playing a Godin A4 fretless for ages now. My issue is that it's a semi hollow body and can feed back at stage volumes when I add a bit of dirt. I've got a thing for single pickup guitars, hence my draw to the Stringray (I havn't played a fretless MM, but I have played a bunch of their guitars are they are so of the best on the market). I was shopping last year and the site allowed me to select fretless for any config as well as a large variety of colours. This year however, I can't find the fretless options on the website. I can only find them if I search through Google (perhaps an old page???). I'm assuming fretless is still an option for the SR model, but I'm curious if it's become "special order only", or if I'm just looking on the wrong page.

I'm leaning towards a fretless SR 4H in dropped copper.

Thanks and have a remain joyful!

Daniel

Hi Boy_Narf,
Unfortunately, we are no longer offering a fretless option on our Stingray Classic basses. Our Stingray Special basses were introduced in 2018 and never had the option for fretless. There is always a possibility of offering them again in the future. Keep an eye on our social media channels for any new product releases.

Boy_Narf

Wow I did not expect to hear that. Are you folks offering any fretless models at this time?

Edmang

Hello Everyone!

I've been playing a Godin A4 fretless for ages now. My issue is that it's a semi hollow body and can feed back at stage volumes when I add a bit of dirt. I've got a thing for single pickup guitars, hence my draw to the Stringray (I havn't played a fretless MM, but I have played a bunch of their guitars are they are so of the best on the market). I was shopping last year and the site allowed me to select fretless for any config as well as a large variety of colours. This year however, I can't find the fretless options on the website. I can only find them if I search through Google (perhaps an old page???). I'm assuming fretless is still an option for the SR model, but I'm curious if it's become "special order only", or if I'm just looking on the wrong page.

I'm leaning towards a fretless SR 4H in dropped copper.

Thanks and have a remain joyful!

Check Reverb, Ebay, etc. They do show up from time to time.

brash47

Daniel

Wow I did not expect to hear that. Are you folks offering any fretless models at this time?

Hi Boy_Narf,
I have good news for you! I just received word that a BFR fretless will be released in October! Keep an eye on the all of our social media channels for more news! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist
There is a 4h sunburst stingray fretless on reverb right now, it's gorgeous.

Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 Fretlesd 2014 Tobacco Burst | Reverb

There is also a 4h sunburst sterling fretless its equally gorgeous.

Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching Headstock Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling (Fretless) Sunburst w/ Matching | Reverb

Jump quick bro!!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The unlined one is already gone, someone may have taken your advice, or may have to wait until October.

Edmang

Hi Boy_Narf,
I have good news for you! I just received word that a BFR fretless will be released in October! Keep an eye on the all of our social media channels for more news! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

Hope it is unlined! looking forward to checking it out.

Hi Boy_Narf,

Please think about adding (bring back) a piezo option for that run!

Jimbo Scrimshaw

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm wondering about SR fretlesses, and the recent decision to halt production on the Classic and the regular old "Standard" SR is confusing. I'm not interested in the Specials, but this bass (the un-designated "Stingray" with 11" radius, alnicos, and fretless options that is no longer visible from the web site: StingRay | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man) is something I'd be glad to order. Are these currently unavailable?

Sorry to say, but the BFR basses don't appeal to me, and I'm guessing that is the only current FL model on offer at this time?

wannarock8

There is a fretless Bongo 5 string available in the Vault.
Bongo 5 string fretless
I got a used muscle car purple Bongo fretless 5 string in August. It's the nicest sounding fretless bass I ever owned. I sold two fretless basses I had when I got it.

Top Bottom