• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DavidOfOz

I'm sure this old territory for most of you, but I'm fairly new around here, and I intend to play the "newbie" excuse as long as I possibly can...;)

Since I've started browsing the forum, I discovered an EBMM colour I'd never seen before. "Dargie Delight"/Dargie Green. I checked the EBMM Colour and Availability Charts. Not listed. At first I wondered if the colour charts were out-of-date, and that I was missing out on a whole range of great colours. But some of the info I've read recently suggests Dargie Delight was only ever available in a limited quantity.

So, please excuse my ignorance, but:

• When was Dargie Delight available?
  • Was it released for a special occasion/reason?
  • How many guitars were made in Dargie Delight?
  • How often does EBMM offer special, limited run colours?
  • Is Dargie Delight ever likely to be offered again, or do I have sweet-talk someone into leaving me their Dargie Delight Luke in their will? :D

Thanks for the info!

Larry

1) Dargie Delights were available to order in the summer of '06 for only two weeks. It was only one but BP opened the window up again for one more week in honor of his father.
2) I'm not 100% on the reason. I heard that us "knuckleheads" wanted a special forum guitar. The Dargie Delights were only advertised on the forum.
3) According to Dargins thread http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/17606-dargie-delight-production-s.html
there were 277 guitars and basses made. (There is a complete breakdown in the thread)
4) EBMM releases a limited edition guitar every year so far I believe it started in 2004 or 2005.
5) BP said that he will never offer a Dargie based guitar again to preserve the integrity of the original run. He also said it was not very cost effective as one could imagine. I get a bit thrown out there sometimes and contemplate selling my Dargie for on of BP's new offerings but I usually snap back into it ;)

Beautiful aren't they...

361.jpg

DavidOfOz

Thanks for your helpful and detailed response! :cool:

I'm SO jealous.

If you ever completely lose your senses and decide to sell it, I think I'll sell my first-born so I can put a bid in! :D

fogman

I'm SO jealous.

If you ever completely lose your senses and decide to sell it, I think I'll sell my first-born so I can put a bid in! :D

Is your first born a boy or girl? :rolleyes:

I believe the total tally is said to be around 400. There were some last minute artists orders and whatnot that increased the original number.
A final count was never released to us.

roburado

Since 2004, there has been an annual limited edition color. Actually, in 2004 there were two: Envy Green and Radiance Red (which is now a regular color). 2005 was Buttercream. 2006 was black with gold hardware. 2007 was Blue Dawn. 2008 will be the root beer sparkle burst of which we saw a teaser last week. These instruments have longer windows of availability. Usually, we can order them shortly after the NAMM show in January until the closure of the window sometime in the late spring/early summer.

Larry

BTW the 4th and 5th position on the Luke is pure clean magic....:D

DavidOfOz

I'm SO jealous.

I Just showed the photo of larryandrews Dargi Delight Luke to my first born...she (1) objects to being sold, and (2) insists that she is far more deserving of a Dargie Delight Luke than I. Sigh. Looks like I'm not destined to get one.

Larry

I hate to say it but if a sweet sweet sweet ultra quilt Black Burst or Bahama Blue Burst BFR Luke comes by I just may have to let it go. The top and birdseye would have to be unbelievably sucky though ;) Or I have to put in some more overtime :rolleyes: Oh and BTW glad you like the Dargie :)

DavidOfOz

Hey a BFR is better than a Dargie mate! Cant wait for my first BFR, maybe a Bahama Luke.....or next year several BFR AL's!

True...and I'm pretty pleased with what's headed my way (substantial understatement)...but hey, I'm a sucker for great colours!! I can see I'm going to have to buy a few more Lukes in assorted colours, then some Petruccis...and someone mentioned something about ALs being kind of good :D ?!

Top Bottom