• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sweat

Dear Mr. Fogman when you are not busy playing with you Dargie or your wife, may I request a moment of your time for some pics.
NEEDED _ AL_ In Blue Pearl, Pacific Blue Burst,Trans Blue and Blue Dawn, need to decide which one will be my next ball, thank you in advance.

The Beagle:D

Norrin Radd

Here's some:

PBB5.jpg

BlueDawn.jpg

al.jpg

colorchart_09.jpg

Norrin Radd

:p :p :p
I'll gladly pass you the files so you can post them for everyone! ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NO THANK YOU, SIR!!

I just happen to have those becasue at one time, I was considering a blue AL as well. I would never want Foggy's job - I'd always be known as little foggy, or misty or something like that! :D

MusicManJP6

That Trans Blue AL with the Abalone pickguard and black knobs is NIIIIIIICE. Daddy Likey. It's cool to see such a unique shape on an EB guitar.

Sweat

Well this is not making the choice any easier, so how about some forumite opinions, the only thing I am sure of is which blue, so tell me what you think:D

Ripper

Hey fing, I was once in your position as well. My choice for you - the Trans Blue with either blackpearl or abalone PG. I don't prefer blueburst bcos blue basically is a dark color, the beautiful grain will be hidden under the darker blue/blackish area if you go for the PBB. I initially wanted a trans color for my AL, but due to various factors, I finally took up the cherry burst. Being a lighter color as compared to blue, the cherry burst is able to show all the glorious grain of the body, and i am very very happy with it :D

Rule of the thumb - select a color that will let you admire the wood in any circumstance! :D

beej

I dunno, while I love seeing the wood, for some reason I picture the AL in pearl blue. It's such a killer finish, though it's opaque.

fogman

I dunno, while I love seeing the wood, for some reason I picture the AL in pearl blue. It's such a killer finish, though it's opaque.

Pearl Blue is so killer. I wish it were still available. :cool:

mbgreene

Well this is not making the choice any easier, so how about some forumite opinions, the only thing I am sure of is which blue, so tell me what you think:D

Trans blue/abalone is the color combo I originally ordered, about three weeks before they announced Envy as an LE.

I originally went back and forth between the trans blue and the PBB. I hadn't seen any true representation of the PBB and my guess was that the pickguard would take up much of the burst effect and wouldn't be worth it.

After seeing all the photos since, now I'd definately go with the PBB / white pearl. That final edge tint is just so rich and there is just enough translucency to show off some ash grain.

Top Bottom