• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

The Axis is funky!!! Like the inlays as well, they are different.

page.jpg

Glenn |B)

Cenobyte

Yeah that Axis is very jazzy looking, and the pickup seems to be about midway between where a middle and neck pickup would be on a 24 fret. Look forward to hearing a demo of it for sure!

Sweat

Yep that is a cool Axis, not much gives me GAS nowadays but that one set off a little :)
be the perfect

Sure it is out of my price range but would be a great addition!

dave1812

thank god there's no Luke 3 in the BFRs. been gassing hard for a luke since i heard the new pickups!
that kinetic blue stingray though.... :eek:

jlf599

I think I must be the only one that doesn't like that Axis. That pickup placement would drive me nuts.

Sweat

I think I must be the only one that doesn't like that Axis. That pickup placement would drive me nuts.

Not everyone likes everything that is put out. I think it is great and the only guitar to come out that is close to the old Axis hardtails from years ago.

Plus only 30 total, have a feeling they wont last long

wannarock8

Some interesting ideas in the December BFR collection.
The passive Stingray bass with natural satin finish is appealing to players who want a passive bass with a no frills look.
The Axis is like the St Vincent. First I look at it and think "What in the world would I play on that?". Then I give it some more thought and I realize it might sound great doing clean ambient guitar soundscapes, and it's a badass blues guitar. Sweetwater is listing the BFR Axis as a jazz guitar. It will be interesting to hear it.

dave1812

One thing i just noticed, how does the stingray have a push/push volume boost if it's all passive?

2mdude

Thinline-esque Axis = Tasty!

Not sure on pickup location but I definitely like the rest of it. Would be interested to see this with other pickup configs in the future as well.

Lax

Very very nice Majesty, probably one of the colors I can consider for my 40 y.o. present next year :D
I guess it'll just be hard to find in france again

Sweat

That Axis gets better every time I look at it, so tempting, not finding many for sale yet. One of the best BFR offerings ever

Top Bottom