• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spkirby

...tone!

Hey guys, just wanted to know if any of you can recommend a delay pedal (digital or analogue) that doesnt suck tone from the signal (ie true bypass or at least very low noise interference) and does a great job of "delaying".

I've been an effects minimalist for years so have no idea whats worth looking at and dont want to waste time on an all-out investigation - my Axis would get lonely!

Thanks
Steve

musikarero

I've only had three delay pedals. Two Ibanez pedals. A digital and a analog. Also a Maxon analog delay. All three sounded pretty good but if I had to pick I'd say the Maxon sounded best. None were true by-pass I don't believe. Didn't notice any difference in amp tones either.

tvanveen

Analog delay sound - Maxon AD-900, H+K Replex.

Digital Delay sound - whatever. Boss DD-3 sounds pretty good. The DD-6 has a reverse delay if you want that sort of thing.

I prefer analog.

Not Steve Vai

I use a DD-20 and a DD-6. Both are great pedals. The DD-20 is the best damned delay pedal I have ever seen. Having an LCD screen allowing you to line up your BPM/milliseconds perfectly is worth the price alone.

puppiesonacid

the ibanez DE-7 is a great pedal, i have been using it for a few years now and i am very well pleased. No noise, great tone and very very very versitile delay.

on the other hand.. .i would love to replace it with a boss dd-20. its just so great, the main thing being that you can have like 4 presets stored and at the press of a button can go from rhythmic delay, to lead delay, slap back etc...

the ibanez is a great deal if you cant spend 250$ for the boss dd-20. i had an ibanez ad-9 and while it had that "analog" tone, i found it limiting and i didn't really like that "analog" sound as much as i liked the digital. I know... blasphemy, but my ears like digital delay's better.

God bless,

Tony

Not Steve Vai

My fav. feature on my DD-20 is kind of silly, but it's the tone control! Being able to control the tone of the delay is really cool. It gives a great seperation between the actual guitar and the delay effect.

musikarero

Nothing wrong with liking digital over analog....I've heard some digital delays that sound alot better than some analogs. I forgot I had a Way Huge Aquapuss at one time too. But like a "puss" I got rid of that one too...:mad:

bing4sons

I have a Boss DD5 with the tap temp pedal. It does everything I need it to.

My son has a Line 6 delay. It's pretty cool because you can do loops and has presets. It's just to big to fit on my pedal board. :D

Bing

NOTEWORTHY

IBANEZ AD99 SOUND COOL. I RUN A H2O IN FRONT OF THE AD99,WITH DIST PEDALS ON THE GUITAR END. SOUNDS GREAT
I HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE SIB ECHO.
TRY EM ALL..

simplesimon

I really like the Line6 DL-4. They have the ability of 3 presets and will record a loop. Very nice price. I have had mine for several years and not one little problem.

MusicManMafia

I have a electro harmonix delay that is just out of this world.
Since I have decided to sell my Axis as well as the rest of my gear I would give you a good deal on it. Contact me if your interested.

spkirby

Musicmanmafia,

if I could I would...I really like your black axis...but my wife would kill me after my recent guitar spending spree...boots and good haircuts only go so far!!!

I'm in the UK right now, although her family is spread across Michigan...were do you live in the state?

SK

Top Bottom