• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SterlingModder

Hey Guys

Thought i'd come to the people who know best and can hopefully help me out of a pickle. So, recently, I decided I wanted to take on a project. I've modded guitars before but usually I've been able to find information more readily, with this, I can find LITERALLY nothing so wondering if anyone knows.

I bought a Sterling Short Scale HS (I have smaller hands and need something more comfortable with the type of music i'm playing, plus the shell pink just looks lovely) and wanted to replace some parts with gold, which I do with all my guitars. I want gold locking tuners, but can find no ratio information (1:15, 1:18 etc etc) so that I can buy the correct ones. The pick guard I will either make myself or custom order, and little parts like the back plate etc i'll more than likely sand and finish with a couple of coats. The not so important parts anyway. However, I would like to install a new bridge (gold obviously) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Any help would be much appreciated and would get me out of a pickle because otherwise i'm going down the 'let's see what happens' route and that more than often doesn't end well. Cheers.

Astrofreq

I would suggest contacting Customer Service as they can very likely sell you gold replacement parts and they'll all fit perfectly.

Sweat

I would suggest contacting Customer Service as they can very likely sell you gold replacement parts and they'll all fit perfectly.
He is talking about a Sterling by MM not a EBMM, bridge not much help but tuners just look a Schaller's, they sell gold. I have one I started a year ago but got sick due to COVID, hope to finish in 2022, my main mod was pups and tuners.

PeteDuBaldo

Right, if you contact Praxis Musical (the company who distributes SBMM) you may be able to purchase the appropriate gold hardware directly from them. You would have to ask them directly as I don't know if that's currently an option.

Worst case scenario, buy one of the Jared Dines Stingray guitars and do a hardware swap.

SterlingModder

Yeah
He is talking about a Sterling by MM not a EBMM, bridge not much help but tuners just look a Schaller's, they sell gold. I have one I started a year ago but got sick due to COVID, hope to finish in 2022, my main mod was pups and tuners.
, wasn't sure if I was in the right place but cheers for the help, I may still have to contact the company because again I can find zero size information but it's a good idea, thanks,

Top Bottom