• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Another Noob

Figured here is as good as any. Been lurking for a bit... I like the forum, seems like everybody is knowledgeable too. :D

My username and sig currently sum it up. Hoping to change that...

Another Noob

Thanks for the welcome!

Maybe one day I'll know enough to ask some sensible questions or even answer one! (Fat chance on that btw... lol)

Another Noob

Tenacity is everything! There's an interesting quote in my head lately from Henry Ford which is used in a tv commercial I've seen a lot lately. I think it goes like this...

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” I like that one. But the one below that he said is a bit more applicable...

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”

I really don't want to get old fellas...

Thanks for the link Tollie. I'll check it out!

Tollywood

You're welcome...and, my Dad told me that anyone can become an expert at anything if they invest 10,000 hours of effort. I'd say you better get started...:D

Another Noob

Yeah... .. . I kinda did the math. That's like 11 years practicing 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day.

Maybe I have a goal now. :)/

ksandvik

30 minutes of concentrated technique playing is better than 30 minutes of noodling. I'm sure you get there sooner than you think if you are smart about practice, like practicing things you have problems with. Add as much as possible band playing and things will happen.

Another Noob

30 minutes of concentrated technique playing is better than 30 minutes of noodling. I'm sure you get there sooner than you think if you are smart about practice, like practicing things you have problems with. Add as much as possible band playing and things will happen.

I think that makes sense. Good sense at that. Thanks ksandvik!

Top Bottom