• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JFRICK

Bassplyr said:
Do you honestly think that psychos, and killers would care about a gun ban? They would still find ways to steal guns from others or find other ways of killing people.
We need to arm the public or have stricter laws about letting killers loose.

Couldn't have said that better myself........

jongitarz

JB1 said:
Not wanting to get into politics here, but how about a gun ban in the US?

I know it'll never happen but it'd be a good start towards reducing the deaths, injuries & fear caused by guns.

I just hope Charlton Heston isn't a forum member......

Probably not, but I am member of the NRA and own guns. Why would you want to take my guns away?

JB1

jongitarz said:
Probably not, but I am member of the NRA and own guns. Why would you want to take my guns away?

I would want to take them away from you because I see no place for them for civilians.

Jon, I'm never gonna agree with you on this. Culturally, the US is different from the UK for a start and I simply hate guns. I'll think we'll have to agree to differ man and talk basses.....

JFRICK

Guns don't kill people, it's the man behind the trigger that kills people. What about Bow's and Arrow's, baseball bats, cars, etc...?? They can all be used to kill someone. Banning guns would not solve any violence problems, it would only keep the civilians from being able to protect themselves....

koogie2k

Let's not get to "gun politics" here.....I have my opinions as well as others. I respect them all and will listen to others who don't share my beliefs....but, that is another time and place.... ;)

I am just thinking of how bad his family is doing right now and wish them the best. It is really hard to comprehend what happened to him. I just think that being a fan is one think....being fanatical is another. This is way beyond being a loyal fan.......for Christ's sake....it's only music. It is supposed to entertain, not bring about this kind of violence no matter how hard or heavy the music is. I listen to various kinds of music....and none of them make me want to kill people. People have to take responsibility for their actions. Dude was obviously not right in the head, and was put down by the local police. But, again, I pray for the victims and their families. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

TSanders

First off, this is truly a tragedy. Im not a huge metal fan, but recognized Dimebag Darrell as a great guitarist and artist. May he Rest In Peace and be remebered as on of the greats on the electric guitar.

Secondly: Guns dont kill people. People Kill people. If we ban guns people will find other means to killing. Look at overseas where those who cant get guns walk into places strapped down with dynamite and blow up themselves and everybody around.

I own one hand gun (my home security system), a rifle, and a shotgun (both used for hunting). They can be taken away from me at anytime, as long as its from my cold, dead fingers.

JB1

We'll never see eye to eye on this one so I'm butting outta the gun debate.

Let's get back to sparing a thought for Darrell and the other poor people who lost their lives on Wedbesday.

Peace people, always.
J.

dwf1004

The "investment" comment made in this thread (and all related rebuttals) have been removed for the sake of decency. I normally email you to let you know that I've changed things, but not this time, as there were too many that I'd care to follow up on, so this is your notification right here.

That kind of talk is intolerable, given the situation, and should not be inserted into this discussion.

Funny that when I campaigned to the admin gods to get the edit power in the Gen. Music Discussions that I would need it so soon...

To save further issue and reprimand, the person that made that comment is singled out now with a stern warning that another remark like that WILL get you banned, no if's and's or buts. I know that you're a good guy, as I know your history here on the boards, and I'm 100% sure that this will be the end of it.

Take heed, however, it is time for me to be the hard ass, and no one else is grandfathered in...from this point on, you're out of line, you're out of here.

End of line.

Last edited:

ZacAttack

JFRICK said:
Guns don't kill people, it's the man behind the trigger that kills people. What about Bow's and Arrow's, baseball bats, cars, etc...?? They can all be used to kill someone. Banning guns would not solve any violence problems, it would only keep the civilians from being able to protect themselves....
I don't want to keep beating this in the ground, but I second JFRICK's opinion. The right to bare arms is part of or heritage and basic fabrick that make us what we are good or bad. They have taken away enough of our rights already, and yes they could someday take that one away as well. You will know when they do, because the rivers will be choked with dead Americans like me that refuse to give up our arms due to public outcry or government demand.

Fiesta Red

Blaming a gun for killing someone is like blaming a fork for making Rosie O'Donnell fat.

C'mon people.

JB1

I've had a Pantera week this week.

Primal Concrete Sledge!

Top Bottom