• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NIKOLI

*Apologies for my clunky google translator english*

Hey folks,

I yesterday was about to buy the "Majesty 7 Hydrospace". So I went to a music store and played it for some while when I found out, it's neck is a little thicker than the neck of the "Majesty 7 Red Sunrise".

The store only had those two models of the "Majesty 7" that I could compare, but I'm pretty sure that the "Purple Nebular 7" I played a year ago also had a thinner neck.

I asked two people (a salesperson and a random customer) to confirm my observation because I was so sure that the neck of the Majesty would always be the same and just couldn't believe it. :eek: :confused:

So does anyone know if this this is a well known fact and how I can find out what kind of neck a "Majesty 7" has without testing it?

Thanks for your thoughts

Best Nikoli

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I can't remember what I had for lunch on Monday. Comparing two guitars a year apart is not going to be convincing.

There is a little difference from guitar to guitar because the sanding is finished by hand. Even on models where EBMM say there is no change in manufacturing specification people swear they have necks that are noticeably different.

NIKOLI

Hi DrKev, thank you for your reply.

You are right I'ts not the smartest thing to compare a guitar with an other that I have played a year ago.
But since I'm playing Majesty guitars for quite a while, I allow myself to state that this wasn't an unintentional deviation due to the fact that the guitar is partly handmade. Plus I had two other guitar players with me comparing "Red Sunrise" and "Hydrospace" and both agreed that there was a clearly noticeable difference.
If I'm mistaken and it is just a little difference because of the manufacturing process, I learned a lot today:)
But maybe someone here has something to add.

*Monday was chicken and mashed potatoes;)

Mace13

There are some small differences neck to neck, at least from my experience. I had a Majesty that EBMM replaced with another new one. There was a difference between the neck profiles.... at least I thought there was. It was very minor and after a day with the replacement Majesty I didn't notice anymore. But, maybe it was all in my head? It also seemed that the feel of the finish was slightly different, not as slick. But yeah, anytime manual finishing is involved there will be little subtle differences.

And I realize this will not help my credibility but no, I do not remember what I had for lunch Monday!

Top Bottom