• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tj1

Apologies I am not a Rolling Stones scholar. Does anyone know if Keef still use this on tour as his go to, I remember reading that when it first came out - he something like that Silhouette was a revolution ... or .something similar.

Does he use any other MM models? Sorry I don't even know what he used originally for tracks like Gimme Shelter.

Cenobyte

The first time I ever saw a MM guitar was when I went to the Steel Wheels tour back in 1989ish... pretty sure both Ron and Keith were using them at various times, I also recall wondering what those cool looking white guitars with a 4 over 2 headstock were! Loved how they sounded, kept my eyes out for them and the Silo Special ended up being my first MM some years later! :) I'm not sure I've seen either if them use MM guitars recently, or since then in a live setting, and I generally follow them and at least watch their live stuff on video whenever something new comes along. Ron Wood generally uses a fun mix of guitars live and seems to stay up to date on the latest stuff. I could be forgetting a show or two and that's not to say they don't use them in the studio etc.

Last edited:

tj1

The first time I ever saw a MM guitar was when I went to the Steel Wheels tour back in 1989ish... pretty sure both Ron and Keith were using them at various times, I also recall wondering what those cool looking white guitars with a 4 over 2 headstock were! Loved how they sounded, kept my eyes out for them and the Silo Special ended up being my first MM some years later! .

Thanks for the replies. I was certainly influenced into buying a silo special because Stones used them on tour. I figured if it was good enough for Richards to play in front of 50,000 crowds it was good enough for me.

Top Bottom