• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

roburado

I've been consuming this new album for the past 24 hours or so. I've been listening to mp3 versions through my computer speakers, with headphones. I've been listening to the lossless downloads on various playback devices at home, in car, etc. Right now, have the 5.1 DVD Audio version playing on the home theater system. Of course, by far the best has been the DVD-Audio version, which sounds incredible! Haven't listened to the CD yet, which I can't imagine will be much different from my Apple Lossless conversion of the FLAC downloads. One day, I'll have to put on the CD and try the LPs.

I'm loving this album so far. I think it's their most "complete" work for quite some time. I think they did a great job advancing their art--whether it's lyrics, melodies, just doing their thing instrumentally, whatever. I think they all brought "it" in a big way on this album. I don't think I have been this excited about a Dream Theater since "Scenes From A Memory" or "Train of Thought." Great job, DT!

Toddzilla67

In my opinion, DT is a far better album than ADTOE which was just about all written when Mangini was brought into the band. This time Mangini was able to provide a lot more of input/direction and compose as the album was being written/recorded. I really think Mangini's ability challenges the rest of the musicians in the band. And the band has played together for over a year and Mangini is a full-fledged member of the band now--that has all certainly helped.

I love it all beginning to end, but Enigma Machine and The Bigger Picture are probably my favorites. YMMV.

Vastone

It's a fantastic album and I'm loving every minute of it. I just recently got my hands on the HD Tracks version and it's pretty amazing sounding. Definitely an instant classic.

cata

Yes, it's definitely a great album. When "The Enemy Inside" was released as a preview, it didn't really blow me away. But it's grown on me ever since and I've come to like it a lot, as well as the album as a whole.

Top Bottom