• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Estin

also thought i would mention, he keeps the bidder user ID's kept private so you can't email and warn people that are bidding. veiw his other items two pages of music gear and one person is bidding on a brand new usa strat for $450? and you can't email them to tell them a scam cause of hidden user ID's.

EVH_5150

nasty

NASSSSSSSTYYY!

tHX FOR THE TIP.

i CAN'T STAND LOSERS LIKE THAT! :mad:

gOOD LOOKIN OUT! ;)

Estin

yeah you can see now that guys isn't a registerd user, so watch out for a new name pulling the same deal.

SKYNETRP

SCAM

Hello! I am a new forum member. My name is Ricco, I am a professional Ebay Auctioneer, and I saw this thread and wanted to comment. I couldn't help but notice that the complaints were all from four people who evidently bought 47 items from this guy? I don't think so!!! Somebody is really angry at this guy, and is using different names to make these complaints! Go and see for yourself. They (two of them) are ZERO feedback "new" accounts....very suspicious.

The only way you can give feedback on an item (and you can only give ONE feedback), is to buy that item.....period. Now, I'm definitely not saying that the guy is legitamate........I have no idea. BUT.........I AM saying that the complaints are NOT. Why would the poor colledge student buy two things from this guy if he knew it was a rip-off? And why did he say he "ALMOST" got ripped off......when you have to WIN the auction to post a feedback? I went and talked to some of the other people who sold to him and were happy, but I can tell you that they didn't sell anything expensive either, so, I am at a loss right now. I am going to go to Ebay and see what is up with this guy.

I too use the Private Auction sometimes, especially if it is an item that involves "Opinion of Value".....like a vintage guitar, painting, Estate jewelry, or a one of a kind item. You don't want people running off your bidders with their opinion of what something is worth. But, this guy is selling something that has a concrete value, something that can be verified by any number of music stores..........bad judgement on his part.......but not suspicious.

I am an Ebay account holder in very good standing with almost 100 transactions, most of them within the past 6 months, all positive feedbacks , and that is just with my company account alone (SKYNET ENTERPRISES). I can get something done if it IS a scam. I noticed that the auctioneer posted that he thought all the complaints were from ONE person (I think maybe one plus a couple of friends), and all the positive feedbacks were from individuals.......which is true. There are not enough good feedbacks to compare to the bad ones............who knows. I would not say that he is a ripp-off........not just yet......but it doesn't look good! Please go back and take a good look at all the complaints, you will see that they are all done by four people, and I want to know why those four people would buy 47 items from a rip-off?? Can anyone tell me that? HA!

One more thing......if you pay with your credit card, yo can VERY EASILY reverse the charges. Your Credit Card Company will reverse the charges Immediately, with no proof from you OR the seller. They will do it......I've been ripped off like this. So, you are safe if you use your credit card..........just in case you are actually still interested....LOL! All of this guys good feedback is where HE BOUGHT SOMETHING, he has NO good feedback where he SOLD something..............hmmmmmm........now THAT'S suspicious!

misscoedsocks( 0 )...This person made 14 complaints against this guy..........she has not made ANY other feedbacks to any other Auctioneer. The auctioneer in question has not retalliated with negative feedbacks towards her yet, which is the act of a person who is not guilty usually.

nedkelly1961( 0 ).....Same thing for this guy too.....all 34 negatives to this ONE auctioneer....none to anyone else...PLUS.......he has ben SUSPENDED!

Well, the others seem to be really young from the things they have bought......I have a feeling that they all know each other, and two of these main complainers are the same person. You be the judge. I don't think I will be buying anything from him anytime soon, unless he can explain a couple of things...........I wrote him an email and am waiting for a reply.

Last edited:

Estin

sorry but the deals are too good to be true. and if you notice he's no longer a registerd user... *that seems suspicious* good enough for me. call it what you like i'm watching my fellow EB players backs.

koogie2k

Hey Estin - I myself appreciate you looking out for us. I would do the same. Ricco's comments were interesting, yet they seemed to contridict (spelled right...??) each other. One second, the guy is legitimate, the next he (Ricco) wouldn't buy from him. I only have to wonder.... Again, thanks for the heads up Estin.

KungFu Grip

Something obvious to note; if the seller uses "stock" pictures or pictures from the manufacturer's website for his auction, I won't even look at it twice. Simple as that.

Estin

well said. also the rare occasion someone doesn't even post pics of their item.

Top Bottom