• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MrJJoncas

Here's the picture of the full top Majesty.

5rfGQqr.jpg

As far as the cost goes for a multiscales, it may not have a trem. On a multiscales tremolo you cant put the fulcrum point before the saddles (like a normal trem) as the degree of dive or pull wouldnt be the same accross all the strings. Well, yes you can but that would be a flawed design and not have the expected effect. Strandberg put the fulcrum point in the middle of the trem but that requires a different bearing system. In any case it would be an intensive R&D endeavour for MM. A fixed bridge would be way more easy to do, as it would only need a reworked base plate of oneof their current model for example. It would also be cost efficient, both in the R&D and production wise. That could bring the price down. Dimarzio would also have to provide a multiscales pickup, which they currently don't if I'm correct. As for the neck and the rest of the design, depending on their tooling, the main factor is the programing. The production steps would still be very close to the ones of a standard scale guitar. So depending on the package, I could see a $200-300 price upcharge.

coolhandluc

It would probably have to do with sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Silhouette Special was discontinued and a hardtail and piezo option was added to the Cutlass line. Just my 2 cents.

GWDavis28

It would probably have to do with sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Silhouette Special was discontinued and a hardtail and piezo option was added to the Cutlass line. Just my 2 cents.

That would be a sad day if they discontinued the Silo Special. But like you, when the Cutlass dropped, I noticed the lack of interest in the Silo Special. Hope it doesn't happen.

Glenn |B)

Bungo

Would this be a good point to post this, which is clearly due a limited run re-issue? ;)

EBMMJP6Caramelburst.jpg

Stratty316

That would be a sad day if they discontinued the Silo Special. But like you, when the Cutlass dropped, I noticed the lack of interest in the Silo Special. Hope it doesn't happen.

Glenn |B)

It would be a sad day indeed, but luckily I snagged one a while back. The BFR AL is the one that got away...

On a side note, I did hear that the EBMM booth is going to be a lot smaller this year... that is interesting and hopefully not something to be concerned with.

GWDavis28

On a side note, I did hear that the EBMM booth is going to be a lot smaller this year... that is interesting and hopefully not something to be concerned with.

I could see less standard products and more limited runs for some reason.

Glenn |B)

Stratty316

I could see less standard products and more limited runs for some reason.

Glenn |B)

That could be interesting. I could think of all sorts of things EBMM could do with limited runs... all of which BP would probably respond "We already have 1,000,000,000 options, put your wallet where your mouth is" haha... so I'll wait and see. Though 2019 may have some money for GAS as my brand "P" guitar that was ordered right after Summer NAMM 2017 still hasn't showed up...

kestrou

Tell me it ain’t so! Their booth is always PACKED. Probably because they have the best concerts! :)

Kevin

St_G

I'm crossing my fingers for some St. Vincent goodness. I'll be buying one in the spring and would love for it to be new.

Santuzzo

At this point I also don't we will see a JP8 yet.
However, I am pretty they will have the Jason Richardson signature at the 2019 NAMM, that's something to be looking forward to!

TNT

Their booth just may be small, but GOOD things always come in small packages!! After all these years it's still the STRINGS - Super Slinkys!!

peterd79

Their booth just may be small, but GOOD things always come in small packages!! After all these years it's still the STRINGS - Super Slinkys!!

if you look at the NAMM map... there appears to be three EBMM booths... the usual spot and then two other smaller booths. I could be mistaken but thats what it looked like the other day.

PeteDuBaldo

if you look at the NAMM map... there appears to be three EBMM booths... the usual spot and then two other smaller booths. I could be mistaken but thats what it looked like the other day.

The Ernie Ball booth is #4320 this year. The extra location on the NAMM Show map is a private room for special appointments & to escape from the masses.

Top Bottom