• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

k.strand

What are your thoughts about the tail block on the EBMM Steve Morse..? Personally I don't like it very much, I think it makes an otherwise high-end guitar look kinda cheap.. Are there any alternatives? Has anyone changed it for something else that looks better? On my previous standard 4-pickup SM I actually removed it and installed a Bigsby instead, but I don't think I want to do the same with my Y2D..

Attachments

• Music Man SM-Y2D.jpg
    Music Man SM-Y2D.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Music Man Steve Morse.jpg
    Music Man Steve Morse.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

fbecir

The Morse tail block is unique.
You cannot find it on another guitar.
Thus, it is a good reason to keep it !!!

tbonesullivan

Looks???? 1) I don't see how it looks bad 2) it is brass and secured directly to the body with three heavy screws. Ultimate sound transfer. Definitely better than the tailpiece on his original modified franken tele strat.

morsetele.jpg

dave1812

I don't have a Morse, but that Tailblock always looked much better to me, than any other Tunomatic Stoptail Combo.
Hate that PRS went to that Combo instead of keeping their Wraparound Bridge. That's probably the only thing I'd prefer over the Morse Bridge.
But I'm not sure a Wraparound is gonna fit on the EBMM Stud Spacing

Vadauco

IMO the tail piece is the best feature of the Morse model, actually. That Bigsby looks nice though.

jones4tone

I don't yet own a Morse - it's high on my someday list, for sure - but I love the tailpiece it comes with. It's one of the things that draws me to the model.

becksk8

What's nice about the tailblock is that you can bend the strings without the other strings going out of tune!

Ninemile

I love the Morse tailblock. It has always looked classy to me. Personally, I would not put the Bigsby on the new one. You have a couple of sweet guitars!

Top Bottom