• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Colin

Ok, it's 12:30am and I've just arrived home from what will possibly be my Woodstock. I had the privilege of seeing something truly amazing. To set the scene imagine Steve Morse, Albert Lee, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, Blues Saraceno, Randy Jackson, Dave Larue and Steve Vai. Of course no Ernie Ball party goes without the musical foundation of John Ferraro, Jim Cox and Sterling Ball (you may have heard of this man). I don't have any photo's and I made the conscious decision not to take any, what I have is some wonderful memories. I will share a few and hopefully Pete and the other guys will add to this. The first thing that comes to mind is the amazing respect that the people mentioned above have for this company, you can't fake that. The second thing was the incredible music. Ever see Steve Vai play Zeppelin with a Les Paul? I did. Ever see Steve Morse play slide guitar and have Steve Vai match the melody just using the wammy bar? I did, and so did many others. Sterling you have and amazing company and family. I thank you for this memory that will never leave me. I'm sure others will post with their memories and I know pictures were taken as well. Again thank you for tonight and congrats on 50 years in the industry. I'll be 92 when the next 50 rolls along....

JayDawg

Colin, your one blessed man!

BP, as much as I would love to see pictures right now I understand this week you guys are all busier than MacGyver defusing a bomb with one minute left on the timer and all he has is a toothbrush and some bailing wire. When you guys do get around to posting pics, I know I will be stoked but I can wait. Thank you though for all you guys do! You bust your butts so we can have amazing stuff that is the best on the market!

mtrejo

A little video cell phone video clip to prove Steve Vai did use a Les Paul.
[video]http://mtrejo.com/ebmm/namm/IMG_3125.MOV[/video]

IMDCADGUY

I have to say as a huge fan of both paul gilbert and steve vai, I was in heaven at the party last night.

From the opening comments from Sterling Ball to Albert Lee and Steve Morse jamming together, Joe Bonamossa was spectacular doing the thrill is gone, Paul Gilbert was the ring leader and Steve Vai was so frigin amazing. Randy Jackson on the bass with Paul Larue. Blues Saraceno with Paul Gilbert trading solos WOW.
The encore of zeppelin songs from the mega guitarist jam session with Paul Gilbert on vocals.
The night was a guitarist dream come true. What a treat of a lifetime.
Thanks to my brother in law Derek at EB for the hook up
IMG_4043.jpg IMG_4047.jpg IMG_4053.jpg IMG_4072.jpg IMG_4073.jpg

Last edited:

IMDCADGUY

more 50th pix

just another round of 50th pixs for the masses, sorry for ****ty quality though.
IMG_4103.jpg IMG_4104.jpg IMG_4105.jpg IMG_4106.jpg IMG_4108.jpg

IMDCADGUY

Yes that is dave larue on the bongo, and he was awesome and yes Steve Vai did play a Les Paul last night.

Colin

Great posts guys, the party was all everybody was talking about today. Paul Gilbert is at the EBMM booth right now signing autographs. He was great last night, first song in Paul's set was Magic Carpet Ride, Jesus just left Chicago and Takin Care of Business with Randy Jackson on backup vox. The final jam was Zeppelin. Jimmy Page sent a video message talking about the first time he discovered Ernie Ball strings, it was a great story.

Top Bottom