the database says its a Manufactured April 11th, 1996
Model GUITAR SILHOUETTE SPECIAL MAPLE SSS STND

is something wrong??

GWDavis28

the serial number on the neckplate of my Albert Lee is 97686

the database says its a Manufactured April 11th, 1996
Model GUITAR SILHOUETTE SPECIAL MAPLE SSS STND

is something wrong??

Could have been switched. If the screws for the plate are over tightened, it can cause the plate to crack and or break. You could take the neck off and see if there is a date written/stamped on the underside.

Glenn |B)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Also there are errors in the database. Not common but I get the impression that they are more common with older instruments (which makes sense as the computer stuff has changed system possibly a few times since then). I'd not be too worried about it. Can you post photos?

JimB2

I tried but each pic I tried to upload said the upload failed. Maybe the file size is too big, 100k limit??

JimB2

this might work...

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 480
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 473

GWDavis28

Nice neck, congrats.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Glenn |B)

JimB2

It is, and thanks. There’s a chip in the paint at the top front that you can’t see in the picture because it’s against the case. I’m gonna check into getting it fixed but I don’t have high hopes for it. Not a huge deal although it does bother me. But it plays great and sounds great and those are the important things

xjbebop

1) Welcome to the ALOC!
2) That's a beauty! Congrats!
3) I've seen a couple of cases of the s/n being inaccurate on older models myself...
4) The older, well played models just have more mojo... :)

JimB2

Thanks, I'm more concerned about it saying its a SILHOUETTE SPECIAL instead of an Albert Lee than I am about the date. Not that it matters, its mine and gonna stay mine so whatever :)

JimB2

Got a reply from MusicMan customer service:

From me...
Hi, I bought a used Albert Lee guitar serial number 97685, and I’m a bit confused about a couple of things. First, your database says that number relates to a 96 Silhouette Special. Second, there is no battery compartment for the silent circuit. Can you shed any light on these things? I would appreciate whatever help you can offer. Thank you

Their reply....
Jim

Thanks for playing Music Man! When we input that serial number we see an Albert Lee Pinkburst completed on April 11th, 1996.

That being said, the silent circuit didn't get to the Albert Lee until 2001. It is normal that your guitar does not have a battery box to support the silent circuit.

Great guitar!

Best Regards,

Music Man Customer Service Team

beej

I just pumped that S/N into the online too- it came up AL SSS as well.

That is a great guitar! I have a pinkburst from 1994 and love it. (Though I added a Silent Circuit to it myself.)

JimB2

I just pumped that S/N into the online too- it came up AL SSS as well.

That is a great guitar! I have a pinkburst from 1994 and love it. (Though I added a Silent Circuit to it myself.)

Yeah I saw that, I'm thinking they changed it manually after their conversation with me. I had tried it several times before I emailed them and it kept saying it was a SILHOUETTE SPECIAL MAPLE SSS STND

Top Bottom