• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nashman

I was thinking of trying a set of flatwound strings for the first time.

Are EB flatwounds regarded in the Industry as highly as roundwound Slinky's? There seems to be a lot of options in the flat world too. Eg I noticed Fender's are all stainless, others are "chromes", different "cores" etc.. I'm confused :confused:

I normally use roundwound Super Slinky's (and I have a set of Hybrid Slinky's I haven't tried yet). Is there any reason to go to a different gauge going from round to flat? I.e. would the Group II or maybe Group III Flats be a good choice?

Thanks in advance ;) ... Nashman.

TNT

Yes!! All Ernie Ball "strings" are in a class by themselves!!!

And, I'm not just saying that.

They should have their "own" department in music stores, so that players can, at the outset, see that they are in a league of their own. I gotta have em'!:)

Psychicpet

I usually go with .105-.045 for my rounds but have .100-.045 Group IIIs on 2 basses and they're great!!

I'd start with EB Flats if I were you.

not quite as 'rubbery' low tension as Thomastik (but that ended up bugging me a bit about those strings anyway) and they're definitely a nicer feel than Chromes... IMO.

:cool:

nashman

Thanks for the input folks!

I'm curious if the EB strings are long enough to install on a 2008 American Standard P-bass 34" scale with string-through-body ???

Top Bottom