• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PurpleSport

Hmmm....there's something vaguely familiar about this guy:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/galaxiecustom.html

Another view, w/some different paintjobs:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/DiPinto.html

Kinda like the Tele meets Les Paul mad scientist vibe of the Axis, but with a louder, sparklier collision! :D

(Disclaimer: Provided for entertainment/amusement purposes only. PurpleSport is not a DiPinto rep and is not affiliated with the seller, nor is he trying to decrease sales of EBMM guitars, which he thinks the world needs far more of!!)

PurpleSport

Those are apparently the pickup selector switches! Note the lack of a 5-way...

(I like the general idea of these, but gawd, that headstock is butt-ugly - no danger of anyone confusing THAT with anyone else's brand. Pretty much diminishes any chance that I'd ever get one, though...)

musikarero

I agree PS...LOL...thought the guitar was sort of cool until the whole picture popped in and there was that butt ugly headstock looking back at me...:D

Jimi D

I agree that the headstock's a bit much, but the guitar's very cool... Might be cool to grab something like that used off ebay and drop a Warmoth EB/MM-alike neck on it ;)

scottie

Yeah, Los Straitjackets are way cool. I got to seem them on their last tour. So good, I saw 'em twice. They have a goofy choreographed moves to go along with their songs as well. And they only speak to the audience in Spanish eventhough they are from Tennessee (it has a little 'twang' to it. :)

They remind me a little of the Ventures and they are apparently big Link Wray fans themselves as they cover a few of his songs. I think most guitar enthusiasts will find something about their music to like because the guitar is the main focus of that type of music.

Be sure to check out their "Tel Star esque" version of Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic). Their Christmas CD is a hoot too. Rudolf combine with La Bamba never sounded so good.

--scottie

KungFu Grip

I can't believe I haven't heard these guys before. Now I gotta go on an CD-buying binge again.

Top Bottom