• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wolfbone07

Howdy! Welcome. Any plans to bring back auctions for the CLB foundation with special one-off EBMM guitars?

xjbebop

Mr. CB, would be interesting to learn a bit more about you as far as what instruments you play, what types / styles of music you prefer, etc...???

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Howdy! Welcome. Any plans to bring back auctions for the CLB foundation with special one-off EBMM guitars?

The CLB Foundation is still going strong, currently one of our biggest fundraising events is the King of the Smoker BBQ competition that Sterling throws in December. At this moment I'm not aware of any plans to auction off special guitars like the Mr. Horsepowers, we used to give away ALs with CLB Foundation logos as tee prizes, but that's a bit separate from the other stuff that used to be auctioned. I think its a great idea, and is something that has worked well in the past. All I can say is: we'll see! There'll be a thread here if we do.

Mr. CB, would be interesting to learn a bit more about you as far as what instruments you play, what types / styles of music you prefer, etc...???

I'm flattered that anyone's interested. I mainly play classical and flamenco guitar. I've got a cedar top guitar of unknown manufacture that Sterling gave to me when I first got started in college. I also have An Alhambra 11P (I think) that Jimmy D'Addario gave to me, and a 1982 Manuel Contreras that Joe Bonamossa gave to me after he saw me play at a CLB Foundation party.

I also am about to finish my own classical guitar that I've been making over the last 5 years. Here are some pics:

I do also play electric guitar and bass. I'm not much of a shredder, more funky/bluesy. Some of my favorites that I like to emulate are Roger Troutman, Nile Rogers, Prince, SRV, Jimi, The Reverend Billy Gibbons.

Some of you have already seen my Silver Surfer MM90 AL, I just got a custom STV and Cutlass bass. Other than those I have a piezo semi-hollow Axis SS HH, a classic Morse, and a Silhouette Special. The only NON MM guitar that I have is a 70-72 production SG that was a gift from Ray Scherr. This stuff will all go in the pics-o-my-guitar thread.

If you want to hear any of my music check out my soundcloud: SneakyGypsy | Sneaky Gypsy | Free Listening on SoundCloud

xjbebop

1] Great to see you're actually "on board" and paying attention around here. Thanks for the quick & detailed reply!
2] for everything you wrote / shared up there... -respect- !!!

Outstanding!! :)

peterd79

SIR!

Welcome aboard... glad to see you around and look forward to seeing the future of the forum. IVe been an avid knucklehead for a few years now and have found many of the guys here to be like brothers. Looking forward to the new season.

CLB... here's to a wild ride in Forumville... CHEERS!

RichieZ

I am continuously amazed by this family's, and company's, direct engagement with the artists and customers. It's great to see you here and I look forward to your involvement.

And love that guitar you're building. Excuse my ignorance, but its that a blackwood back?. Regardless, it's stunning.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I am continuously amazed by this family's, and company's, direct engagement with the artists and customers. It's great to see you here and I look forward to your involvement.

And love that guitar you're building. Excuse my ignorance, but its that a blackwood back?. Regardless, it's stunning.

Thanks, the top is spruce and the back and sides are cocobolo. I left the sapwood which most guitar makers don't do. Thought it looked cool and lent itself to making the bookmatching look better.

Razzle

Welcome aboard Casey!

I'm excited about the things you talked about for the forum. I'd like to see it expand beyond a fan-boy culture (which don't get me wrong, I'm a fan-boy).

Looking forward to the changes!

Mordimer

I've always found EBMM to be the most user-oriented guitar company. The staff (aka EBMM family) is always close to us - getting a direct reply from BP is not a big deal here. Ok, it is ;) but it always feels so natural. It's awesome that another Ball family member is here :)

Welcome aboard!

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Welcome aboard Casey!

I'm excited about the things you talked about for the forum. I'd like to see it expand beyond a fan-boy culture (which don't get me wrong, I'm a fan-boy).

Looking forward to the changes!

Nothing wrong with that, fanboys keep the lights on! Where would George Lucas be without fanboys?

GWDavis28

The CLB Foundation is still going strong, currently one of our biggest fundraising events is the King of the Smoker BBQ competition that Sterling throws in December. At this moment I'm not aware of any plans to auction off special guitars like the Mr. Horsepowers, we used to give away ALs with CLB Foundation logos as tee prizes, but that's a bit separate from the other stuff that used to be auctioned. I think its a great idea, and is something that has worked well in the past. All I can say is: we'll see! There'll be a thread here if we do.

I've got a CLB piece and have owned another CLB piece, ?I always thought that this was a great way for the Fan-Boy base to get something really cool. Glad to hear it might be making a come back.

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

Gundar

Just got back to the forum a couple of months ago and it's good to be back! I'm looking forward to what EBMM has in store for us. Thank you!

Top Bottom