• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

6 Orchestra pit tix to the Idol finals.

Now before the too hip for school chime in with negativity....I was one of you about three years ago....I never watched it but was too cool to get it. I started watching because I went to the finals three years ago without ever having seen the show....I suddenly got it. It is live music on national television....it is the real time sharing in the development of these kids....it is fun if you let it be.

I thought this years talent was really good and I am not ashamed to say that Im really looking forward to it!

I know of two music mans on stage tonight too! Bonus

dmarotta

I've watched the show from the beginning.Got to play on Season 5 top ten record. We need to embrace any show that employs so many great musicians and arrangers on a weekly basis.Orchestra pit tix? I 'd be there in a minute.
Have fun.

Mabongohogany

I especially enjoyed AI when Ricky Minor was the Musical Director. He could make even the hokiest songs rock with his amazing bass lines.
The backing band has some of the finest session players around; the arrangements and playing are always superb IMO.

And every season, no matter who wins, there has always been some truly talented vocalists in the group.

I've never felt any need to bash this show or it's clones for that matter, it's been a careeer jump-start for some talented performers.
I worked with a girl who made it as far as the top 50 (no easy task!) and she could SING her butt off!

Enjoy the show Sterling, should be fun!

nurnay

After Simon left, I thought the show lost a big chunk of what made it so good. Honestly, he was the best evaluator of talent the show had, his snarky comments aside. He genuinely knew talent when he saw it. I don't watch it any more, but I'm glad others still are, for music's sake.

J Romano

Been watching last 3 or 4 seasons. Awesome talent on stage in support of the contestants. Miss Simon. Jennifer has to go..... Curious, BP do the musicians play their own instruments or are they provided???

Smallmouth_Bass

I watch and think they have a really good group of talent. I can't say I love every performance, but these guys work really hard and can really sing.

I have to say that Randy's comments usually echo my thoughts best. It must be a bassist thing.

Mabongohogany

I've never met Randy, but it's my understanding that he is one of the kewlest, most real people "in the biz". AND-
His credentials as a great player, producer, etc have been there for years.

Isn't it a good thing that a for real bad-a$$ Bassplayer of his level has become a well-known prime-time celebrity?!

AI has done nothing less than that, and along with having employed Ricky Minor and showcasing some great backing musicians,
earns respect in my book!
Tonights final should be interesting as always. I like the girl myself!

J Romano

I think Randy makes the show, even when Simon was there! Don't like Jessica, has wonderful range but she screams too much. Just doesn't do it for me. I'm for Phillip, very unique and creative with his own vib. Definitely an artist

Movielife

Cool, enjoy BP! I totally get what you mean about appreciating these shows. Its music, after all :)

Hope the Musicman basses get some limelight.

AnthonyD

Nice - enjoy. I have followed most seasons in their entirety. One of the few shows on TV that can be enjoyed and shared by the entire family.

DTG

Yup Saturday night tv stuff, that's all it is and that's all it's trying to be. It's no different from the "A-team" same plot each week but instead of bullets it's using music ! Gets my vote anyday love the fact that music is prime time again right where it should be.

Freddels

I've been watching it for a few years now. I do enjoy most of the show. There have been some questionable contestants on there though. For many years, I avoided the show. In fact, I didn't know that Carrie Underwood was even on the show (I just liked her music) until I started watching the show and found out later.

This year, Phillip Phillips was a unique artist. Not the best singer but he had his own style. I really enjoyed Joshua Ledet's singing (but I'm an R&B, Stax, Motown type of guy) and the throwback style he had. I'm looking forward to hear what he puts out in the future.

Top Bottom