• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

roburado

What are you using for guitar shipping boxes when you sell? I used to keep all my guitar boxes in case I wanted to sell, but it just became unmanageable.

Some of the guitars that I am hoping to list for sale include some with G&G cases. Some are the regular SKB-type.

Not sure I want to go the route of begging the GC down the street for boxes.

roburado

I've been ordering them (bulk) from ULine for all of the acoustics I've been selling lately. If you are thinking of selling 4-5 guitars (or more) this might be the way to go. Double check your measurements!

Thanks, Pete. I looked at ULine. I thought that would be the perfect solution. I was going to grab five of them. Their boxes seem a bit big, though. I suppose I can squeeze some padding in there.

PeteDuBaldo

Thanks, Pete. I looked at ULine. I thought that would be the perfect solution. I was going to grab five of them. Their boxes seem a bit big, though. I suppose I can squeeze some padding in there.

You could potentially cut the boxes down and re-fold to match the EBMM cases, but that requires a ton of packing tape.

Also, for insurance claims UPS oftentimes requires 2" of packing from the box to the object being shipped.

Sweat

Be careful with those over sized boxes, even if you cut them down, many times really increases shipping cost.

And asking GC can be hit and miss. Many times I would ask for a box to fi a EBMM and get some really large acoustic box.

roburado

You could potentially cut the boxes down and re-fold to match the EBMM cases, but that requires a ton of packing tape.

Also, for insurance claims UPS oftentimes requires 2" of packing from the box to the object being shipped.

Hmm...2" of packing? Thanks for the tip, Pete.

tbonesullivan

I would definitely recommend getting a "carton resizer" if you can. They are not expensive, and add a perforated line on the inside of the box, which makes them much easier to fold over. Especially with large boxes, 4 inches of length can be $20-30 less in terms of shipping costs.

Top Bottom