• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

How did your guitar dings happen?

• Total voters

skisquash

After last night's gig and one of the band's guitars got dinged, we had different views on how they mostly occur or who caused them. Quick poll...self inflicted or the other guy did it.

Last edited:

spychocyco

Usually they're self-inflicted since I'm not in a band and I don't gig. I do have a couple of old beaters that were damaged by my brother when we were younger, and I've had a few knocked off stands by other people and animals in the past. Of course, my Axis is in pristine condition, and I plan to keep it that way as long as I can. It hasn't seen a stand and probably never will, so all the dings will be my fault.

Larry

All mine have been self inflicted but as of now my Ball is perfect...*knocks on wood*

petruccirocks02

Most of mine have been self inflicted also, but I have had an old bandmate throw a beer bottle at one of my guitars that put a nice size chip in the finish. Luckily it wasn't my BFR haha.

-Phil

ShaneV

My musicman is pretty ding free, most of it's damages are just simple wear from playing it so much, and I'm proud of every single smudge and bit of worn off chrome. I've always thought well used guitars (like SRV or Steve Morse's #1s for example) look great, but it has to come naturally. The who relicing thing is rediculous in my book. The wear should tell a story.

candid_x

From the ding fairy. Sometimes it's perfect when I put it way away in the case? and the next day when I take it out? it has a new ding on it. Mamma said I should get a new case for it, but I really don't mind the dings much.

DavidOfOz

My musicman guitars are still mint...but as for my non-musicman family, I'd say 96% were my fault. 1% may have ben caused by "the other guy", and 3% caused by children and pets. (In all cases, my fault for letting "the other guy", children and pets anywhere near my guitars....so really, 100% my fault!)

Top Bottom