• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rik Dii

I have the opportunity to get a nylon string Ovation with a cracked top and want to have a good repair shop or individual Luthier in northern New jersey look at it to see if it can be properly repaired and if it is worth the expense.
I recently contacted a shop in Fair Lawn , I am using the word "recently " loosely as the shop owner procrastinated for months before I finally told him to either take my guitar or admit that he has no intention of doing so . At that point he said I was being unreasonable.To me a waiting 3 and a half months just to bring the guitar in is be very patient but the Fair lawn proprietor rudely took issue with my position .
Anyway ,can anyone suggest a shop or individual in norther New Jersey with whom they have had a good experience both in the quality of workmanship and professional attitude .
I would like to accept the Ovation as it may prove to be a good guitar ( the Ovations I have played were all good instruments ) at a very good price ( I just have to pick it up) but,want to know there is a shop in my area where I can take the guitar and that the shop will not give me the run around for several months ,as did the one in Fair Lawn not to mentions being rude about their repeated delays . I assume that there are quality ,professional individuals in all or most areas and I simply don't know the ones in my area because I have not needed this type of service for many years but,now that I need such service I need to know one to go to so....any and all suggestions as to who to go to or who to avoid will be appreciated.

Top Bottom