• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

l_savy

I just applied to the Musician's Institute in Hollywood, CA... Is anyone here a student there?

I read on their website, http://mi.edu , that Rivers Cuomo/Weezer and John Frusciante/RHCP graduated from their guitar program. They also have a guitar craft program that sounds pretty cool...

kbaim

I went for a summer session in '82.

Wow, has it been that long :eek:

It was a blast. Not sure I'd wanna live around there now though. :D

In addition to amazing teachers, some of the students were really really good players. Lots of great music to be discovered while you're there. I was turned on to steve morse while there.

How much is tuition for the full year? Must be thousands now.
KEITH

l_savy

kbaim said:
I went for a summer session in '82.

Wow, has it been that long :eek:

It was a blast. Not sure I'd wanna live around there now though. :D

In addition to amazing teachers, some of the students were really really good players. Lots of great music to be discovered while you're there. I was turned on to steve morse while there.

How much is tuition for the full year? Must be thousands now.
KEITH

Wow, thats awesome! I've heard the school was huge with the hair metal bands in the 80's. I can't think of studying anything better than music.

Tuition is actually really reasonable at the Musician's Institute these days -not any different than any other university anyway.

koogie2k

After hearing Kbaim play personally, I don't think he missed a class! Awesome. Maybe you could hook up with him.......you won't be disappointed.

Good luck in school man. I am too much into what I do (career wise) to go to school right now. Hopefully one day I will be able to do the same to get some knowledge. Besides, it might improve my playing....well, there isn't enough classes for that!! LOL :cool:

l_savy

haha, yes -I think the whole Hollywood atmosphere will be just as helpful as the lessons....Hollywood seems like one of the best places in the world to make connections and get gigs.

Top Bottom