• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

blackspy

Long time no post. I haven't been on in years, but I couldn't help but think if anywhere/anyone was going to get how I feel today, it'd be the gang here.

I bought a used EVH eons ago, and later sold it for school $$$. Sometime thereafter I ended up ordering a trans gold Axis in 2000 (maybe 99). I grew to love that guitar. It was gorgeous. The birdseye neck, and super deep top. I could stare at it all day. Just looking at it made me want to pick it up and play. The more worn in and dinged it got the better I liked it. After a while other guitars were just irrelevant to me, that was the one, unless I was after a specific tone (Strat or something). I was known in local guitar circles as the "Musicman Guy" ;)

Twenty years, hundreds of gigs, thousands of hours of play time. I got sloppy and left it at a friends cabin last weekend. Popped in there yesterday to grab our stuff that we'd left. Place is trashed and the guitar is gone.

I've seen so many guitars stolen over the years, such a rarity to get them back, I'm not holding out much hope. I actually feel sick that someone else is playing this guitar, or just selling it somewhere for a pittance of what it's worth to me.

Have a drink for me this evening, and give your special guitar a little extra love today.

Untitled.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

kingdoublecut

I came home to that feeling once when I found my back door kicked in...you could see a foot print on the glass..wood broke, glass didn't. Mine was just a cheap and heavily modified s-type, but I felt actual nausea at the infraction. Sorry to hear.

Perhaps check the surrounding houses and businesses on the access roads for surveillance videos to provide to the police.

threeminutesboy

Wow it sucks big time. I’m sorry for this loss. I hope it will pop out somewhere. Maybe EBMM should have a red flag if someone is checking the serial number on their database. We do that we our service partner when a stolen projector is in need for service.

I really hope you can have it back.

GWDavis28

:eek: damn that really does suck, sorry to hear that.

Please share the serial number and anything other that might be unique about it, in case someone here spots it. It has happened before, I found a Silo that had been stolen from NorM years before I ended up spying it on EvilBay. NorM got the guitar back in the end. You never know.

Glenn |B)

jlf599

Yes, please do share anything that might help identify it. I watch all over for Axis models and would love to help reunite it with you.

I hope that guitar comes home soon!

tj1

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's maybe not consoling hindsight, but here in the UK there is a substance called 'Smartwater', an invisible forensic liquid that links an item to a registered owner. My understanding is the item then essentially become unsaleable to reputable dealers by anyone other than the owner, thus possibly deterring thieves, if marked as protected. I think it costs £20 a bottle, I imagine there is something similar in N.America

mb99zz

What a shame. I’m sorry to hear that. This kind of thing makes it so hard to live by the golden rule. Stay positive and keep and eye on the pawn shops/for sale ads. Maybe you’ll find it pop up and can bring in the authorities.

tbonesullivan

Definitely keep an eye out locally, as well as on the internet. A lot of thieves are actually not that bright when it comes to fencing their stolen crap.

Cenobyte

I feel this, I bought an Ibanez Saber back in '89, when i was 20ish, my first higher end guitar, was about $1000 at the time. It was my main guitar for a decade, gigged all over the place with it, somehow managed to keep it in decent shape. Anyway, left it backstage at a gig once, similarly feeling chill about the whole thing... and yep it was stolen. It took me years of futzing around with (mostly) Fender Strats, a couple PRS's, Gibsons and an ibanez or six, until I landed upon my first Music Man Silo Special... and I've been a MM convert ever since. So I guess every cloud has a silver lining, but I still miss that sabre to this day! :( /sigh sorry my man.

Sweat

Thieves suck, sorry this happened and hope you get it back. I had this happen once and was fortunate enough to get it back.

banjoplayer

I'm sorry for you and hope you get the guitar back.
From your pics, she´s a beauty - and yours!!
Damn - stealing guitars is absolutely beyond imagination :mad:

daneford

Been there and know your pain. I'm still looking for my stolen silo 18 years later. I hope you find it again soon.

Phrankenstrat

Man, sorry to hear that story. Hopefully the police can do something and get it returned to you. As always, check out nearby Pawn shops and internet. I had a very rare (not at the time) 1989 G&L Interceptor stolen. It had the old style hockey stick sort of headstock. HSS with 3 mini switches. Not many were made. What that would be worth now! It was a wonderfully well playing guitar. I really do hope you have that special instrument recovered. Best of luck to you.

Bill S

Every one of us who it’s happened to feels your pain. My house was burgled and my Gibson Les Paul natural top was stolen. That was 1981, and it still pains me! Best wishes

Top Bottom