• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

Will the basses have a 6 coil option as in the HHH Reflex behind BP and Alvin Lee on Vid#2?

Will it be possible to save the 'settings' to a thumb drive or external USB drive so that TGC can be loaded with presets in case the location does not have Internet access?

--Ant

Please note TGC website for options available.

As of now, there is no thumbdrive capabilities. However, we are working on a lite, offline application.

drewbixcubed

thanks for opening up this thread guys

would i be able to use gc if i plugged it into an android phone using a usb cable? the idea is to go to the web app using the data connection on the phone.

We are working with multiple application "hosts," meaning devices other than computers. However, when mixing and matching all of the hardware, firware, and software communication requirements between multiple OS', USB, Smart phones, computers, and browsers, things get quite tricky.

drewbixcubed

Everyone, please be sure to read over the questions on both the Guitar & Bass Question Threads, as well as TGC website BEFORE posting. A lot of you are asking the same questions, and the more repetition, the harder it will be to find or provide answers.

drewbixcubed

-What happens to the settings if the batteries run out in the middle of playing?

-Or what's up with the 4 buttons being replaced by a switch? Why was this done?

-If I were to take all the batteries out (all of them!) would it still be playable in passive mode (like a normal bass lacking a preamp)?

Sorry if these are answered somewhere. And I did look at the tech specs and such on the GC website, however, I have trouble understanding electronics stuff, so please dumb it down for me in the case of any of my questions are answered by those specs.

My disposal income isn't all that much (young and poor, lol), so it's a tough choice whether to continue saving and wait for the GC, or to just get a non-GC. Any recommendation?

Oh, and when is the 5-string going to be available?

Thank you for your time and answers.

-The settings are saved if the batteries run out
-The four pickup selector buttons were replaced by the 5 way lever, so the form factor of TGC remains consistent across all models. Even though the buttons allowed for more combinations than the 5 way lever initially, the TGC allows for any combinations to be loaded into 1 of 5 positions.

drewbixcubed

Does the Z bank switch change what sounds are in the 5-way switch?

Is there any way to know which Z bank selection I'm currently on besides guessing by listening?

Think of Bank Z as a bank teller, and Banks A/B as your wallet. You can go to the teller, and request any $ amount you want (preset), and put it in your wallet (Bank A/B). Bank Z ships from the factory with 15 default presets (single coil, and humbucking in series/parallel combinations), that you can toggle through until you find the tone you prefer. Once found, simply save it to the desired position in Bank A or B.
A lot of people comment that they would like to know 'where they are' on Bank Z (without trying TGC). This can be done by using the application. However, as you toggle through (without the app), if it SOUNDS right, then THAT is the tone you prefer. We wanted people to HEAR the tone they prefer, not guess based on a location or name in a bank.
Lastly, note that Bank Z comes with 15 presets to allow for the most functionality/tones upon first use without plugging into a computer. Once you have "dialed in" your Game Changer, chances are you may load Bank Z with only 1 tone, perhaps like a SOLO switch.

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
Interesting... if I understand this correctly, then, when you make a selection using a given switch it "cancels" whatever was last selected.

Using your example of loading Bank Z with just one tone for solos. I'm playing along and it's solo time, so I whack the Z switch and off I go.

But Z isn't a toggle, right? To get back to where I was pre-solo, what do I do? Sounds like I'd need to flip the lever from where it had been, then back to re-select my non-solo setting.

If this is correct, then I'd probably put the "solo" tone into the 5-way... just flip to solo, then flip back.

Note that the legions of the vast unwashed aren't going to have the opportunity to try TGC for several months... all of this is golden information, but we're inevitably going to make incorrect assumptions about what we want it to be like.

midopa

We are working with multiple application "hosts," meaning devices other than computers. However, when mixing and matching all of the hardware, firware, and software communication requirements between multiple OS', USB, Smart phones, computers, and browsers, things get quite tricky.

awesome!

yeah i understand completely. thanks again for the info, guys!

CAW

While it's more on the geeky side, will the GC be firmware upgradeable in the event you find any bugs in the future? Or offer a different control option for say the Z switch by loading a new firmware option?

How "clean" is the GC switching circuitry? That is to say, ff you had a regular bass and a GC bass configured to the same pickups as the regular bass, will they have the same tone (assuming same body/neck wood, etc) or does the GC circuity colour the sound in any way?

MrDigory

While it's more on the geeky side, will the GC be firmware upgradeable in the event you find any bugs in the future? Or offer a different control option for say the Z switch by loading a new firmware option?

How "clean" is the GC switching circuitry? That is to say, ff you had a regular bass and a GC bass configured to the same pickups as the regular bass, will they have the same tone (assuming same body/neck wood, etc) or does the GC circuity colour the sound in any way?

I watched a video, and they said they did extensive testing to the sound files coming from the instruments and compared them to standard (non TGC equipped) instruments, and they were identical when a TGC instrument was set to a "default" position. So ... you are capable of getting the normally available tones and sounds from the instrument as well as nearly infinite other combinations.

TheAntMan

It was mentioned in one of TGC videos that wiring can be done (coil 1 + coil 2 ) or (coil 2 + coil 1) with each having a different tone. Can you explain how that works?

--Ant

Big Poppa

coil one drive it in the first scenario and coil 2 drives in in the second one...sant this has also been covered by each artist and pete dubaldo...WE have no problem answering but not f it is in three other questions of threads. thanks!

drewbixcubed

Yes, TGC will be firware upgradable, and the application will have updates as well (ainly for upgrades, and hopefully not bugs).

The Game Changer circuitry does not color the sound in any way.

drewbixcubed

Thank you all for your questions and patience, but please refrain from answering the questions yourselves. We are trying to populate these threads with accurate answers as a source for all to learn.

TheAntMan

coil one drive it in the first scenario and coil 2 drives in in the second one...sant this has also been covered by each artist and pete dubaldo...WE have no problem answering but not f it is in three other questions of threads. thanks!

Sorry about the redundancy. I must have missed it in the videos. I will try to be more focused. Guess I am too hyped by TGC :eek:

--Ant

guenter

Note that the legions of the vast unwashed aren't going to have the opportunity to try TGC for several months... all of this is golden information, but we're inevitably going to make incorrect assumptions about what we want it to be like.

This is so true. :)

ianj

Please contact our sales department for all pricing and availabilty. The Game Changer is currently offered in the instruments listed on the Music Man website.

I contacted sales and was told to contact UK MM dealers. Two dealers had no idea and said they would contact MM. Neither has got an answer. I'll sit and wait until more is known, but it might be good if MM confirmed when it was available, or told their dealers.

Big Poppa

As we have said in other threads Gamchangers should be shipping in late arpil early may...,John Why are you bumping this? You are asking a question that has been addressed...there is currently no 5 string read the answer above

Guys want to close the thread?

Top Bottom