• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dscataglini

I just realized I bought my game changer from Greg :/
I am having the same problem because it's the same guitar :(
Btw, I contacted customer service and looking into what my options are

dscataglini

So I opened up the back of the guitar and looked at the electronics to see if there was a short or something.
What I've found is that there are a couple of screw-like pots that drive the level of the magnetic pickups and piezo.
They were both about a 3/8th of a turn away from the max level. Turning them to the max raised the output by about 20%.
The output is still lower than a strat/les paul (I'm now using a variax to do the comparison) but it's not as dramatic as it used to be.
The distort/crunch sound is much better. It's still a bit on the bright side.
I'm going to contact DiMarzio to see if I can get any info on the pickups themselves and their output.
I wonder if these are the same pickups as in the Axis

Wahoonc

So I opened up the back of the guitar and looked at the electronics to see if there was a short or something.
What I've found is that there are a couple of screw-like pots that drive the level of the magnetic pickups and piezo.
They were both about a 3/8th of a turn away from the max level. Turning them to the max raised the output by about 20%.
The output is still lower than a strat/les paul (I'm now using a variax to do the comparison) but it's not as dramatic as it used to be.
The distort/crunch sound is much better. It's still a bit on the bright side.
I'm going to contact DiMarzio to see if I can get any info on the pickups themselves and their output.
I wonder if these are the same pickups as in the Axis

The HSHp has different, though very similar, humbuckers than the Axis. They are medium output. Pretty sure they are custom for the GC, so Music Man customer support might be the best option to get details. Good find on the level control. I didn't know that.

Fortunately, if the tones aren't right you can plug it in and customize the sound until it's right. Let us know what you learn.

dscataglini

Location of pickup/piezo adjustment

So these 2 adjustment screw turn only 3/4 of a full turn. Which means the volume of my guitar was set at about 50% LOL
IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg

Wahoonc

Well, that'll do it! Sounds like someone was tinkering with something they shouldn't have been. Good troubleshooting.

Thanks for the pictures. I've never taken the covers off of mine. (Also HSHp.)

BillLorentzen

You can download the specs from each guitar's page. But just wanted to let you know that I had the exact opposite experience. My silo has less output than my GC. The first thing I might suggest is going into the GC interface and setting the bank configurations to "active." (Doesn't make the pups active, but keeps the output level constant.) I don't think pup height should be an issue, based on my experience.

Seriously, I bought a TC Spark Booster for my Silo because I needed to reset the amp settings every time I switched from Silo to GC.
I’m wondering where you got the data that setting active keeps output level constant. I’m surprised there is no info about some details of the system on the GC website. Where is a manual?

marmatkat

Hi Everyone. I'm looking for a solid body electric guitar with humbucker and multiple single coil sounds (not just one choice) along with piezo, and I just came across the Ernie Ball Music Man Reflex Game Changer w/Piezo. Wow! It looks amazing, but googling it doesn't turn up much. Is it still made? Who sells them? Are they oddballs? If not available, what's the closest model with those features? Thanks!

Last edited:

BlueAmps

I own a Reflex HHP and want to update the firmware from 1.11 to 1.13. Everytime the update runs through and I reboot the Reflex, the app says "Firmware 1.11". So the update doesn´t work. How do I do the update?

Top Bottom