• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
A reminder to everyone, scams can still happen through this forum. A forum member who posted in the WTB thread was recently offered a guitar by a newly signed up member. Seemed legit until a reverse image search on the photos showed an out of stock guitar from an online retailer's website.

Yes, we have a great community, and post-count rules on the WTB and For Sale threads helps to build trust when people are buying/selling instruments BUT always make sure to do your due diligence, just to be safe.

Beware of low-post count, brand new users (especially if acting as middle man to their friend/cousin/etc).
Reverse image search is a useful tool.

Last edited:

Sweat

Wow really? I have been here a long time and do not remember that happening, it might have but that sucks! Glad it seems it was nipped in the butt.

I vote to increase the minimum post needed to sell and WTB threads, maybe something like 100 posts and 6 months membership. That may help weed out the losers!

Sweat

Understand it was a WTB and different from someone outright selling but IMO I still think the posts and length should be increased. I always thought 25 posts was too few, again my opinion.

Top Bottom