• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tom C

Hello all, I'm new to Ernie Ball guitars, thank you for welcoming me to your site. I just bought an Ernie Ball music man Sterling Cutlass. I think it's a great guitar, I've been trying to upgrade the electronics but can't find any good wiring diagrams. I worked as an elevator mechanic for 30 years and I'm really used to looking at schematics. But all the ones I find online are crappie. They don't show any internal connections like a ladder type schematic. They're mostly what we call line diagrams and not very good ones. Can anybody please tell me where I can find some good schematics. It would be much appreciated.

jayjayjay

Check out DiMarzio's website. They have wiring diagrams for nearly every conceivable configuration.

fbecir

Hello and welcome aboard !

jayjayjay is right : go on the website of DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan, you can find good diagrams there.
And if you have question, there are some guys on this forum (beej, DrKev, ...) who are real experts.

xjbebop

Howdy! MM customer service used to be good about providing schematics if you ask them nicely, but I don't know if they still do that. I would email them and see what they say.

Sweat

Howdy! MM customer service used to be good about providing schematics if you ask them nicely, but I don't know if they still do that. I would email them and see what they say.
It not a MM it is a Sterling

Not sure what you mean about upgrade, pots, output jack etc?

But if your talking about PUPS they generally come with wiring diagrams

beej

Hi there- welcome to the forum.

If this is a Sterling, it's made my Sterling, not Music Man, so the schematic and the PCB could be different. For a wiring schematic I would contact Sterling directly.

What is is that you want to upgrade or change? If you take the pickguard off, the layout should be fairly self explanatory.

xjbebop

Oops... missed the Sterling part. SBMM's customer service is pretty good as well, but I don't know if they'll have or share schematics. But, I would email them and ask... *they aren't taking phone calls as of late...

Top Bottom