• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rs43506

Hello all!

I would appreciate any input or help on finding/ordering a transluscent blue quilt axis. I went to my local dealer and he seemed totally disinterested in helping me. The counter kid looked in a 2005 catalog and said that I had my choice of either quilt or flame at no extra charge. Is this true?? The store also seemed to have no clue that the axis comes with a floyd and the sport does not. I just generally felt quite disenfranchised as if there really is no criteria for dealers to keep their ordering materials up to date or have even a working knowledge of the product they are selling.

I guess what I am looking for is a recommendation of a reputable dealer with a trans blue quilt axis in stock or the ability to order one. The dealer I visited is really the only non-guitar center big box store type store in my area that is a dealer. Believe it or not, this is my fourth attempt over the years to find or order one of these. I've tried at Guitar Center to no avail. I tried Musicians Friend but all they list is the trans gold which is perpetually back-ordered. I did call MF and was given the non-toll free number of a supposed "custom order" contact. After multiple non-returned calls over the course of two months I finally made contact with a human and was told that MF didn't have the ability to order by color. Basically, I've gotten tired of trying to get one each and every time and ended up just buying something else. As of late I've started jonesing for one again and figured I'd post here for help after my disheartening visit to the dealer this morning.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Oh yeah, I have used the build and search method, but I have yet to receive a response from any of the listed stocking dealers or find a dealer to send me pics. Royal Music has one with a picture, but they won't respond to my e-mails.

Thanks alot!

Ryan

Last edited:

highenuff

You can call Royal Music and talk to them straight away, they are helpful and have plenty of Axis's in stock.

Good place in Chicago is :
Welcome to Make'n Music - The Guitar Shop

Have delt with Grand Central Music, they have a large number of EB's on ebay but you can call and talk to them as well: (800) 600 5106.

Or of course you can check out Wild West Guitars at Wild West Guitars - New Guitars and Amps

Happy Hunting, its all part of the fun.

roburado

+1 for getting in touch with Pete. I've ordered one guitar through him. We're waiting for the axe to get finished. My buddy has ordered 3 through him (has one, waiting on the other 2 now).

Contact Us

If I am going to order a new EBMM from the ground up, I will deal with Pete. I'm only going to buy from someone else if it's a used instrument, or I stumble across a deal or a rare instrument somewhere else. Or maybe, it's something that no dealer can get anymore like a 30th Anniversary StingRay or something.

Last edited:

paranoid70

Another recommendation for MakeNMusic. They were very professional, the guitar was flawless when I received it, and the price was very competitive.

Astrofreq

All of these guys are great. I bought a guitar custom ordered from Magdon Music in NJ and they were great too.

Chains don't seem to be the way to go for these guitars.

Top Bottom