• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Well, the old amps were made before Ernie Ball bought the Music Man company and have not been made since 1983. Clearly when these forums were set up it just wasn't on the radar. As for the new reissues, they will be made by Mark Bass in Italy and won't hit the stores before September (maybe a little later). When they do, we'll hear much more about them and maybe then there will be a new section of this forum dedicated to them. There is a privately run Music Man amp forum out there somewhere for the vintage amps.

Last edited:

Jamie M

I am really excited by the amps, the weight of them alone is amazing so light compared to every other combo out there, I will be trading mine in for sure to own one of these sure to be great amps.

Spudmurphy

Will they have anything with an Electra Dyne(clean channel) type sound?

Fair comment.

BP says that the models released will be reproductions of the original models. HOWEVER, these amps appear to have a switching power supply rather than a mains transformer, and Mark Basses speak which is neodynium. These two factors cut down on the weight.

So I'm guessing that if you wanted to have a preview of the amp, then try out the originals.

I'm lucky on that score insofar as I'll probably get a new RD50 112 and I also have an original RD50.

What is interesting me is that the amps are renowed for their clean channel but MM/mark Bass have also developed a pedal that will be out in front of the providing overdrive.

Spudmurphy

I just happen to working away from home and working near strings n things. Tonight I went out with a couple of the lads who last weekend went over to Europe and "did some business" regarding the new music man amps. I can't say anymore (don't ask), but an interesting conversion was had tonight - so indeed the amps seem to be imminent!

Warg Master

I just happen to working away from home and working near strings n things. Tonight I went out with a couple of the lads who last weekend went over to Europe and "did some business" regarding the new music man amps. I can't say anymore (don't ask), but an interesting conversion was had tonight - so indeed the amps seem to be imminent!

Knock it off, My GAS was dormant......

Top Bottom