• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jwp333

I took the neck off my 1990 Morse over the weekend. Decided to experiment with a little shim for a little more break angle over the bridge. When I did it, I was not totally surprised to find the initials of someone written in pencil or ink on the neck (I think it was P.L., very precisely written, also added a cross along with the date. I should have written down). In the neck pocket was I think "Spud" written in pencil. Just made me wonder how many people were working on guitars in the San Luis Obispo plant back then. How many now? Do they still hand write on the neck and body?

threeminutesboy

Few years ago when I was visiting Toyota office in Belgium I asked the same question How many people are working here ? And the man who I asked the question answered (an English guy): about half of them :)

Not sure it will answer your question but wanted to share this pure moment of British humor.

Regarding the pencil annotations so far I have encountered them on all neck I have disassembled

johnnyboogie

Few years ago when I was visiting Toyota office in Belgium I asked the same question How many people are working here ? And the man who I asked the question answered (an English guy): about half of them :)

Not sure it will answer your question but wanted to share this pure moment of British humor.

Lmao, epic punch line =D

Fro

Search YouTube for "Music Man factory tour". There's a couple of them that are a fun watch.

Spudmurphy

Regarding the pencil annotations so far I have encountered them on all neck I have disassembled

Brilliant - that tickled my fancy! As I enter the process of renovating my Delorean :) There are all kinds of initials... it's not uncommon to find whole messages - known as "cave paintings".

Regarding the "Spud" - it's not me !!!

Top Bottom