• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

TeleJim

Hi all, newbie here :D

Ive been playing (learning/trying/crying) guitar for just over a year now, and all of a sudden think i'm Angus Young !! :rolleyes:

My brother-in-law has changed the strings for me before, god knows what type, and this time I want too choose my own. Ive read many reviews and most are confusing, so I thought i'd ask you lot as I have decided upon Ernie Ball.

May sound a strange question, but I don't really know what type of strings I should be buying......don't laugh !!! Its not as if I can walk in a shop and try em all out.......or can I :confused:

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Tele, and like (try) to play mainly rock stuff, G&R, AC/DC Foo's, that kind if stuff if it makes much of a difference.

Any help would be most gratefull.

Last edited:

DCStingray

Welcome to the Ernie Ball Forum!

If you dig Angus Young, why not play the same strings he does? :D He uses Super Slinky RPS strings. These strings are 9-42 gauge which are a little easier to bend than Regular Slinkys but still maintain plenty of tension. These strings also have reinforced windings at the ball end of the plain strings which makes them stronger and stay in tune better. Check out these links...

www.ernieball.com/artist/24-Angus-Young

www.ernieball.com/products/category-917-Reinforced#/product/RPS-9-Slinky-Nickel-Wound-009---042

Last edited:

LawDaddy

You can't go wrong with 9-42s, either the RPS or regular Super Slinkies in the pink package. I use them on my Teles, and have for <ahem> decades. :)

You might want to see what holiday deals are out there and pick up a couple of sets. I always stock up this time of year.

TeleJim

Cheer's, thanks for the reply's folks, i'll check em out and try them.

:cool:

Top Bottom