• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Xstream

Hello there,
I'm not an expert on Ernie Ball guitars but I saw this listing that I am interested in, was wondering what you guys might think.

The seller stated the following:

Ernie Ball Music Man (EVH) Purple Burst. NEW

Ernie Ball Music Man (based on the new EVH designs, with the current axis design)

Brand new, made in California to very specific design details. Color is Purple Burst. 2 X hummbucker with Patended Floyd Rose bridge so you can kill that whammy bar and she'll come back smiling in perfect tune! Custom edition, therefor 1 volume knob (no treble or bass) and pickup selector (similar to Wolfgang Special)

It's priced under what I'd expect of an Ernie Ball so I'm somewhat suspicious, below are some pictures of it.

119077919_10220277368818431_1612490056698108003_o.jpg 119158314_10220277368418421_4515888061058751142_o.jpg 119217053_10220277368618426_5420739292692978731_o.jpg

ohbugger

I can say that the headstock shape is a good bit off, and it has John Petrucci's signature at the top (which should not be on an Axis, which is what this style would be known as now). EBMM has not called the guitar you're interested in the EVH for 25 or so years. Others will be able to chime in further.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
My first though was a relabelled OLP but I don't think it's not even that. The headstock is just wrong, and the pickups have only slug pole pieces.

Run away. Or burn it. Which ever you prefer.

And if you can report it as a scam/fake, do.

Cenobyte

Unless it's like $100 bucks and you just buy it as a curiosity, then stay very far away... I've never owned a music man guitar with such messed up nut to tuner string positioning not to mention everything else listed above, especially the JP signature, it's like the idiot who made it just used whatever stencil they had laying around. :p

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

Super fake. Whatever it is, you don't want it. EBMM headstocks always have straight string pull across the nut, which that obviously doesn't, combined with all of the other errors mentioned before.

Cenobyte

Honestly, you'd have to pay me $100 to take it away.

Roger that and generally I'd agree... though oddly enough I do have a use case for spending $100 on a trash knock off guitar, which I guess is why I mentioned it... I'd gladly spend 100 bucks to take it to a gig whip it out for the last song and destroy it at the end of the gig to a thrilled audience and a horrified band... my band would think I've literally gone nuts due to how far out of character it is, the general costs of these things and knowing how much I love my guitars! Of course I'd let everyone in the band know after it was all over, but it would amuse me to do that, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now really lol :D

Last edited:

hbucker

Just to confirm the above comments, there is so much wrong with this guitar it isn't even a decent copy.

hbucker

What is this gem priced at?

Finding an EVH in purple that hasn't faded out is rare. I would guess $3k+ would be a realistic price if this were legit.

If they're asking more than $70 for this one, I'd laugh.

koogie2k

Like other said. Petrucci siggy on that should be a dead giveaway. This is seriously not legit.

Top Bottom