• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jvh

Nice comments everyone! Yeah, I think I'm lucky to snag this one. Props really go out to musicman for wood selection and the stain.... granted I'm sure it plays well, but we will see soon enough.

NorM

making me buy another guitar. Seriously you guys need to stop this pdn stuff and crazy flame maple tops. I'm getting tired of spending money!!!

That's just messed up man.

Astrofreq

Oh? What did you order?

Cutlass in Starry Night. It arrived today. The thing is just GORGEOUS and the ebony neck kills. However at first, I didn't dig the pickups. I A/B'd it heavily with my Strat for a solid hour, back and forth. Back and forth. I absolutely LOVE the tone of my Strat, but don't dig the tuning instabilities and 60 cycle hum. The Cutlass just didn't have that fat low end.

BUT THEN . . . I raised the pickup heights on the Cutlass and BOOM, it had the fatness and edge I was wanting. I want single coil guitars to crunch a a tiny bit on their own. I gotta hit the sack and tomorrow night I'll play with it again to see what I think, but my mind was converted pretty quickly once I raised those heights.

Top Bottom