• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

So at around the age of 50 I bought my first Ernie Ball guitar in 2005/6 an Albert Lee SSS/Trem/piezo.
A year later I bought (what must be a rare guitar now?) a 2006 Limited Edition Albert , MMM, Trem.

I also owned a second hand Albert, so for a while I had 3, a JP6 (Thanks Fred!), and EVH hardtail, and these were sold off much later in life, so I'm back to my two original Alberts.

.... and that's it!

I love what I have, don't feel the need to try and better what I have.

Sorry Mr Ball , I should buy more but you have sated my appetite.

(I would add that from 1974 - 2006 I only had a Les Paul and custom built Tele)

GoKart Mozart

Hey Spud! Nothing wrong with liking what you like!

Hope you’re doing well. I’ve still got the Music Man beanie that I won 10+ years ago in one of your forum virtual Christmas parties! We’re currently under a a freezing rain/ice storm warning down here in northern Alabama for the next couple of days, so I’m fully expecting loss of power at some point. Will definitely be getting some use out of the MM beanie!

tbonesullivan

Nah, it's definitely me. I've only bought one new guitar and one new bass. Though the Steve Morse was pretty much a dealer leftover, and still had the case candy, plastic, etc on it.

Lax

I feel you !
EU prices aside...
I bought 2 second hand JP6 around 2001-2005, a second hand JP7 around 2011.
Then sold the two JP6 and got a new from retailer JP12 around 2014.

Since then, nothing, I just play my main 95% of the time.
But I asked for a majesty for my 40 years old this october, so who knows, I may become a better customer :D

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
1) Number of guitars has nothing to do with being a good customer, or good anything actually.

2) Spud, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure there will be a thundering round of agreement when I say this...

You have been a big part of this forum community for 15 years. You've shared your time and knowledge and enthusiasm, and more with so many people, and we love you for it. You're one of the best.

And he restored a freakin' DeLorean! That's just SO cool! :cool:

xjbebop

^^^^ what DrKev just said!!!

Plus, I've helped make up for your 'shortage' of AL's, Spud... to kind of balance things out... ;)

GWDavis28

Spud, you know the best customer is the one that keeps and instrument for super long and speaks the word of the product. I'm pretty sure that most around here are in the same boat as you my friend.

Glenn |B)

threeminutesboy

Hey Spud and you forgot your Musicman amps ;)

This is not being bad customer my friend, it’s called wisdom...

For some reason I don’t rotate guitars anymore and stick to what I have so far that’s it’s more than enough. My guitars are now aging with me ;) I may even downsize a bit but it’s a tough choice as each guitar has a story to tell

GoKart Mozart

Not to worry, spud. I'd argue that the worst customer would be someone that has a custom one-off model made...then trades it in. Surely nobody would do that. :p

I keeed, I keeed! We all love Joe B. ;)

-Jacob

Pink

I echo Glenn’s sentiment. If you’ve encourage others to try EBMM products through respected input and usage I’d call that a valued customer.

Bad consumer perhaps.

Zac_Valentine

Over 20 years of playing guitar I’ve only owned 2 Music Man’s. And I’m sure I’ll own more, but even if you can afford to just buy some accessories, you’re still a good customer.

daneford

I feel like a "bad customer" sometimes too. I haven't owned as many ebmm guitars as some around here, but the 3 silos I still have are killers that help me push past the occasional fits of GAS.

I love the brand though and preach it's quality quite often.

Top Bottom