• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

pack-rat

they are a canadian chain that I like dealing with Long & Mcquade.
I had to go to the one downtown because the youg guy at the shop I deal with said they had finaly got an Axis in. I made sure it was just an Axis not an SS or any other models.
"Yup They have one" so off I went with my daughter.
I was so excited. I finaly get to try one before I buy.
I get there after 20 minutes of driving and they had a Luke, Silhouette and a Silhouette Special but no Axis or Axis SS.
So I tried them out anyway.

WOW ! nice guitars ! The necks feel so nice and the action and intonation was spot on. NIce ballance and the finish was really nice. No runs or drips nice and even.

The quality is superb on all 3 guitars, but I liked the Luke the best as it has the tone that was just so creamy.
I can see why you Luke owners are so dedicated. I am really impressed with the quality.

I wasn't mad I might just order an Axis in. Yea can get it cheaper n Ebay but there is something about being the only owner.

Funny thing about pricing: I was talking to my brother who is a pianist/keyboard about the price of the guitar. He said "Wow ! expensive I can't believe how expensive guitars are !" (Yadah yadah, yadah.)
Meanwhile he goes out and spends 3-4 k on the latest Korg every 2 years just to keep up.
I don't pity keyboardists. :) Most of the ones feel they are elitist and want to run the show. (just had to get a dig in on any keyboardists out there)

Last edited:
Top Bottom