• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mikeller

I always try to sell locally and if it doesn't than I keep. Except maybe small items like pedals. I use craigslist and facebook marketplace and various local facebook groups for buying/selling gear

Cenobyte

I just sold 2 guitars back to back for about 6k all in on my local Kijiji to help cover my crazy silver July BFR Silo.... sometimes you need to wait a bit for the right offer, other times they sell within a week. But I'll continue to sell locally this way for sure not into fees at all, plus this gives me more wiggle room for offers. I will say Craigslist works once in a while however it's Kijiji where I get the most offers and actual sales... I generally post the same ad on both.

Astrofreq

Rob! Missed you buddy and hope you are well. I sell all music gear on Reverb. So smooth and I love that company. IMHO, the 5% fees are still better than eBay and reverb pays direct bypassing PayPal.

PM me with what you are unloading! I might be interested. :). So good to hear from you.

Last edited:

Pops

In the UK I usually sell on Gumtree and recently I have sold a couple of guitars on Facebook either in the local guitar sites or FB marketplace.Ebay used to be cheap but when you add in their fees and then add the paypal fees you'll find that you can buy a lot cheaper elsewhere.

roburado

Rob! Missed you buddy and hope you are well. I sell all music gear on Reverb. So smooth and I love that company. IMHO, the 5% fees are still better than eBay and reverb pays direct bypassing PayPal.

PM me with what you are unloading! I might be interested. :). So good to hear from you.

Hey! Good to see you! I'll let you know!

Pink

Hi Rob,
Newbie forumite here. I like to use a few media options when selling. Since you said you aren't in a hurry, knock selling to a store or consignment off the list. Stores will only pay you a percentage of what THEY will sell it for. As a buyer, I find this site and Reverb easier to navigate. eBay seems to be flooded with multiple listings from overseas of the same guitar. I don't know if Kijiji exists in the US, but it is quite effective here in Canada. Though at times it feels like prospective buyers want garage sale/Thrift market deals.

kingdoublecut

After just shy of 300 transactions on Reverb...I just closed my account. Their fees have become ridiculous and they say right on their selling page that you retain 92.3% of your sale price. In reality, they just took $25 more than that on a $1550 sale. I can't wait for them to say that the shipping fee is part of the sale price...

Top Bottom