Which would you buy?

• Second-hand Highway 1 tele

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • New TC72-70 Fender Japan tele

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scotty

I'm looking at getting another guitar, either a Second-hand Highway 1 Tele or a new TC72-70 Fender Japan tele.

What do people think of these models?

P.S I would of got an AL but they are alittle out my price range and I'm really looking for something for Slide guitar and if I scratch it I wont feel bad for the rest of my life.

tvanveen

I think the HWY 1 is a pretty good deal...I played one at GC a ways back thar felt an dplayed pretty nice.

For a Fender, anyways, ha!

Having said that I might go for the custom...that bucker in the neck seems ideal for a slide setup. Anyway, those guitars are so cool looking....

Scotty

Yeah, it does look cool.

I think the highway 1 only has the US body and neck, the rest is Mexican badged under USA???????

I'm figuring that I can get a standard tele any time from basically anywhere, but to get one the same as the custom will give me a real unqiue tone.

I guess I'm looking for something different to complement my Silh, if a guitar tries to sound like my Silh it'll never get played cos the Silh is the best.

Jimi D

I prefered the Japanese Fenders I had to any of the US-made ones except my Strat Deluxe... The Japanese hardware is definitely better than the stuff they put on the Mexi guitars...

nobozos

Before you decide on the Highway 1, you should give the G&L Tributes a try. I'm not a single-coil strat player myself, but I really thought that the Trubutes that I've tried are very good guitars. I think they are of comparable quality at half the price of the Highway 1 Series.

Top Bottom